Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Thought it was a very great introduction to the new world, and I'm loving the new eyecatch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
It's most likely temporary. If I remember back when they introduced the new eyecatches about 5 years ago, they had one for Luffy for like 5 episodes until they showed some for the rest of the crew.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Man, I can't wait for you anime only folks to see if you change your tune on Franky's design. I wasn't fond of it myself at first either, but it grows on you.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
ONE PIECE episode 518 - AN EXPLOSIVE SITUATION! LUFFY VS. FAKE LUFFY!

It's up

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Suspicious Lump posted:

They keep dragging the fakehats out. It's getting really irritating.

They're not dragging them out at all.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I seem to be one of the few that actually likes Coby. He's a good kid.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 3, 2011

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
What is with Nami's face in this episode? She doesn't have a traditional female Oda Nami face at all.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
THE KING OF THE FISH-MAN ISLAND! NEPTUNE, THE GOD OF THE SEA!

Here's the latest episode.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

QueerPope posted:

The only way I justify Oda's representation of transgender people is by imagining that they're actually a separate race of being in this universe who more closely resemble drag queens and that Sanji's aversion to them is considered in the same class as having an aversion to fishmen.

Seriously, those woman are the most ridiculous things ever. Compare:

A real MtF trans versus an Okama from One Piece. If this was an American show I would be outraged.

Still, most of the actual hatred of them only comes from Sanji and random enemy soldiers. Back in Impel Down they were portrayed as being good people respected by all, but that was back when they were just drag queens and not referred to as actual transsexual people like when Sanji went to their island. So while it's undefendable, it's still overlookable.

Still I'm getting sick of Sanji's nosebleed gag.

Huh? Did you watch Impel Down? Ivankov turned that dude into a total hot chick. Also, these aren't "real" transsexuals. The way I figure it, they're actual drag queens. I think the Impel Down section did trans community a lot of justice: mtf, ftm, drag queens, and drag kings respectively.

I think you're taking it too seriously and I find it absolutely hilarious. Sanji got a major boost from me, post-time skip as he continuously steals chapter after chapter of laughs.

Where's the proof that they're transsexuals and not just drag queens?

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 9, 2012

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

You don't care that he's making fun of them because you're not trans. That's fine for you, by all means, but can you seriously not see how someone who is might get offended by this? People read silly manga like One Piece to get distracted from reality, not to be reminded that a decent chunk of humanity literally thinks they're less than human.

Er...I have been diagnosed with gender identity disorder. How do you know anything about me?

As for the jokes, I'll admit that the anime is really dragging the jokes out. The manga didn't do it nearly as much as this. But...that's the anime for you.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 9, 2012

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Are you basing Oda's opinions off of the manga or the anime? Because this is very important.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Allarion posted:

The main problem is that there is a gap in the official episodes, between the old episodes and the currently streaming episodes on the funimation site, which I think are still unlicensed. I posted about it before for someone else who asked about a fansub.

Dude, good luck. You will be using google in heavy overtime because once you get past a certain point, you're going to be switching to at least 5 different groups. I'd suggest picking up the manga instead, and catching up that way rather than go through fansub tedium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
THE RYUGU PALACE IN SHOCK! THE KIDNAPPING OF SHIRAHOSHI!

Here's today's episode.