Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Nechronic posted:

Mihawk was trying to keep scrubs out of the Grand Line. Zoro is keeping scrubs out of the new world.

SCRUBS

No devil fruits, swords only, Raftel. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
oh my god who will play foxy that is all that matters

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
I would completely disagree and say 2 and 3 are awful and 6 is one of the best.

4, 6 and 10 are the must watch ones imo

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

The 6th movie looked like they were drawing something else and then pasted One Piece over it.

It was directed by the same guy who directed the Digimon movie, Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, they all have pretty similar artstyles.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

I just watched the dub of most of the Davy Back Fight. It goes up until afro Luffy. And my god, they loving nailed the arc's dialogue, Foxy, and Usopp's "does the champion make the afro" speech. It's a pity the arc is so stretched out, because condensed it'd be near perfect.

"So funky! I can feel the jive like a fire in my soul!"

I'm really happy with Foxy's voice too, dude nailed the laugh and he's one of the few characters who I don't mind having some sort of funny accent.

That being said I'm really curious who's going to voice Brook if they ever get to that part.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

They got Strong World, we'll get him sometime next year! :woop:

Oh yeah forgot about that, radical.

Speaking of radical, here's something they posted to their facebook the other day.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
I'm pretty sure he lives in Japan, dude.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
207 is the first HD episode, and as far as I know they've stopped dubbing the openings after Bon Voyage.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Seitz is still Franky, I'm not huge on his voice but ultimately it doesn't bother me since they've only dubbed up to parts where he's still a "villain" character and the fact that he was literally made with his Japanese VA in mind.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
:sax:

edit: better version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6fAXeBnY8

Ryaomon fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 5, 2013

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDalB3mNlzo

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
The multiple fruits thing is the power of the dark fruit because why would he spend years looking for the worst fruit in existence.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
They translated the best song already so I'm still okay with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6fAXeBnY8

(Calling him Sniper King was Toei's decision so don't get angry at Funimation if you're that petty)

Also remember when they first got the series they had a tight deadline and had to keep all the translations and whatnot that 4kids used so you got names like G. Zass Burgress.

Speaking of, as much as you guys joke about Bisoromi Bear I'm surprised no one remembers this old classic.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
pretty obvious having multiple powers is why he wanted the darkness fruit so bad because why would he want the worst fruit in the world so badly otherwise

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

TBH most Devil Fruit powers seem to be whatever bullshit the writer thought of that's vaguely related. Kinda like Magneto's magnetism powers giving him mind control and resurrection.

The clone dude is an extension of his body control / puppet ability, at a guess Doflamingo just gives it directives and it follows a pseudo AI instead of being controlled directly.

Re Devil Fruits and Water, essentially getting dunked turns off your mental ability to move at all so Franky's cyber bits'd stop working. It doesn't do anything physically. I guess in Franky's case he could add some kind of airbag that auto inflates on contact with water though :)

Franky doesn't have a devil fruit.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
remember when they actually had a good opportunity for filler between punk hazard and dressrosa and it was 2 episodes

yeah

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
good riddance

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Enies Lobby really was the high water mark.

When the hell was the last time you watched Enies Lobby because I remember even as it was airing that the pacing was poo poo.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Katakuri's fruit was a logia in the original Shonen Jump chapter release but was changed to be a "special paramecia with logia type properties" in the manga volume release because ???

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
They've been dubbing the specials, the fact of the matter is even they know the anime is horseshit now and OP isn't big enough in the states to justify the cost.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Stampede would have been a great movie if it came out 10 years after One Piece ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

It just feels like they truly have no respect for the anime-viewers.

And they're right to do so.