Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Shadow0 posted:

I really hope Brook loses those glasses - please tell me he does.

He's got Spades for Shades. His glasses are a skull joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

There is exactly one Stereotypical pirate spread across different characters. Zeff's got the only peg leg, Crocodile has the only hook, Roger's coat, Blackbeard's hat, etc.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

See, I didn't have a huge issue with it because those particular transsexuals were legitimately hideous. It's the same class of joke as Lola hitting on people, or Zoro forgetting Kokoro exists because she's too ugly. It's not "All transsexuals are freaks", it's "Holy poo poo these transsexuals are ugly."

At least it seemed that way to me, this manga is generally very good on gender issues. :shobon:

That said, Oda's stance on traditional values of beauty and physical appearance is pretty glaringly obvious, as the standard rule in the One Piece world is "no uggos".

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

Yes, these are one of like two groups of transsexuals we see. And the others are literally transsexuals via magic.

So you're mad that all the Transsexuals in the show are either pretty or ugly. You want there to be well rounded, "normal" transsexuals in the show.

Name four well rounded, normal characters in the entire show.

Edit: Also, those hideous ones are from Ivankov's country. They likely are transsexual via magic. They're still ugly.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 8, 2011

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Whatever the case, I love that Sanji and Zoro now are missing one eye each, visually.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

mushroom_spore posted:

I totally lost it during Franky discovering Caribou in the barrel, the slow lean-in, and Caribou noticing. That awkward lid-lowering bit was amazing.

I have never laughed at anything in One piece as hard as this, holy poo poo. Everything about it was so perfect.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Nami: I'm asking who this ship's navigator is!

Just who the hell do you think is the navigator!? :kamina:

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Strong World is also the only movie that's cannon, so far.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

bondster posted:

That was an unusually well animated episode considering there was no almost no action in the episode.

The animation team loving loves that big goofy muppet face of Jinbei's. They went all out on his face during the war, too.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

His "Baseball cap" is just a blue cover over the pink hat, bending the brim down.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

I'd rather have Zoro fight a random filler guy in every single episode then suffer through AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU for ten minutes an episode. Marineford would have been a million times better if they filled the dead space with random cool pirates fighting marines.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

It's medicine for Reindeer used to disrupt the energy waves of a Human-Human fruit. Find another reindeer with a different human human fruit and I'm sure they could share his stash. :pseudo:

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

More stuff like Luffy attempting to read a book would be great. Someone should just tell Oda to jot down a list of amusing premises for things the crew does between arcs and use those as filler episodes. Single sentences that can be expanded into minutes of screentime.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

He already does that. In one of the SBS Q&As, he said he had so many ideas for the manga that he couldn't fit all of them in, so he'd often send some of those ideas to the anime crew. I know at least two early episodes of filler were supposed to be part of the manga but got cut due to him wanting to reach the Grand Line by chapter 100.

So, yeah, him sending ideas to the anime team to use as filler has been happening basically since the series started.

Well he clearly needs to send them more crap then. I want more Daddy the Father episodes and less Zenny Pirates. Either way though, we need the filler. It's Filler or the terrible pain of Endless Recap loops.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Why did you spoil everything in the episode for people dude.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

I can't fathom a reason why would they even go for Avril Lavigne, it seems weirdly inadequate for a trailer, even more so for an anime trailer. Other than that, this was the first time I saw anything of the new movie and I'm looking forward to it.

Oda loves Avril Lavgine. Avril Lavigne is a huge One Piece fan. The two of them found these things out about each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Gigantic oversight.