Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I wonder if the eyecatch change is permanent... I was also a little surprised they showed Zoro being the first to arrive. Oh well, not a big enough difference from the manga to matter, shouldn't break any of the upcoming gags anyway.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple episodes, should be a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

ThingOne posted:

No love for Zoro's scene? I thought they handled it perfectly.
I only watched it about 10 times, it definitely hit all the right notes.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Not always an evil scientist, just often (he also voiced Mayuri in Bleach). But he voiced Freeza in DBZ/DBK to break the evil scientist mold.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I watch the anime to hear the voice acting and occasionally the music, not to see it in motion, they could just do voice overs on scrolling images of the manga panels and I'd still watch it every week.

Although I do think the series would benefit considerably if it were done in 12 minute episodes instead of 24 minute episodes. That way a 1:1 chapter:episode adaptation would rarely have pacing issues.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

khy posted:

Sure, but they're the un-abridged ones that have all the filler and the terrible pacing, right? That's why I'm asking specifically about the One Pace stuff that skips all that.

IIRC there is a project for this called "One Pace".

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Suspicious Lump posted:

I like the idea of Haki and all it's flavours. When it was originally introduced I thought only super strong people who trained extremely hard attained Haki. But now, yeah, some rando foot soliders could use it which really made no sense. Look at the crew, only 3 can use it (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji) the rest use other techniques to defeat their enemies. Everyone using haki makes it really boring.
5, Pretty sure Jimbei has used Haki before, and Usopp used observation in Dressrosa.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
IIRC in any given year there are roughly 36 manga chapters published, which is converted into 48 anime episodes.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
In this episode of One Piece, Luffy spends an entire episode toying with his opponent that he could have beaten in one hit for maximum mean spiritedness.

Had to re-read that half chapter to recall how it really went down and yep, Luffy dodges the three attacks and then one shots Urashima.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
At a rate of one episode per day one would catch up to the anime current in a few weeks short of three years from now.

I'd drop the anime by Thriller Bark or no later than the end of that arc. Start over with the manga from the beginning, especially in the later arcs the manga has way more punch than the anime because of how badly the anime drags everything out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Lamebot posted:

Cool ep for 7 minutes then 16 minutes of pointless retread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i skipped minute by minute, nothing important to watch after the 7 minute mark lol

5 minutes until Namek explodes Luffy throws the punch he has been winding up since the end of the previous episode.