Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Liar posted:

I've never been convinced that it's lost. I'd hate to see One Piece ever pull a loving Naruto, but somehow I think there's something crazy going on with his closed eye. Some people have brought up the idea of pirates who wore patches to retain night vision in one eye...but in Zoro's case I think it'd be something far crazier.

Im pretty certain that zoros eye will end up being some sort of ridiculous gag in the future. Rather than opening his wounded eye he will probably end up closing his healthy one or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Steve Blum, obviously

Hes too busy playing Everyone Else In The World. Id seriously like to pick up a game and be able to go on a Steve Blum vacation for once.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Shadow0 posted:

There are those episodes of One Piece you can watch in front of your non-anime friends, and then there are episodes like this one.

I feel like that airplane guy is supposed to be some kind of racial Asian stereotype.
But he's drawn by an Asian, so now I'm just confused.
And really ready for him to never speak or be shown again.

Why would Oda, a modern day japanese man, use american racist iconagraphy against his own race from the 40s when designing a character? Is he even aware of how Dr Seuss drew the Japanese?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Crazyeyes posted:

Forgot that guy.

Also while her power may be too turn into weapons, explosives would still fragment the poo poo out of her.

Whats the fun of a missile-missile fruit if you can only use it once in a kamikaze attack?!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Wrt the latest episode:

The manga made it look like Kaido was sent into the ground at warp speed after the punch connected, but the anime made it seem like "normal fast" instead. Also kind of weird that they had Kaido make reactions using his human/oni face instead of, you know, his dragon face. A little disappointed in that part, but fine with the fight wrapping up as a whole.

I dont agree at all, my biggest complaint in the Kaido vs Luffy fight was that the final punch felt like it had no weight. I confused Momo flopping onto the ground for Kaido at first. The anime messes with the feeling of it too by drawing it out, but at least the kinetic feeling was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Last Celebration posted:

Nah, it’s probably just that the manga’s closer than it’s probably ever been to the anime and Oda took a three week break off for medical checkups after Toriyama’s passing made him reflect on things.

The anime is practically an entire arc behind