Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

CubanMissile posted:

Because Zoro gags are better than any skull joke x1000.

I have a bone to pick with you over that comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Momomo posted:

Brand New World is pretty much what got me to start watching/reading the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KXBIPZ_c_I

Very disappointing that it only lasted like six episodes for some reason, and they replaced it with the annoying Crazy Rainbow. Every op after that (Until Fight Together) felt really bland, and eventually they looked less and less fitting for the series (One Day, I'm looking at you). Does anyone know why they decided to make the openings twice as long after this? Almost every time they drag on way too long. They also marked the end of... well, endings.
They make them so long because it means less actual content they have to produce for the episode. Its also why reviews of what happened before are so long sometimes.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Also, the first few episodes of One Piece are terrible because of Koby. He is such an awful character. Granted he is made less horrible later on, but he is still not a very good character.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

mushroom_spore posted:

That said, I can't complain about the ugly part, I love and prefer Oda's ugly/weird-looking characters, but in-story bashing them for their ugliness appears to be something reserved solely for okamas (okama? is that also plural?) and women. And that's not cool.

You're forgetting Duval.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Liar posted:

I love Zoro's comment about already having seen all of it before because he got on the wrong ship. Also I'd hate to imagine what kicked Kuma's rear end that hard.

I think Kuma was heavily damaged, because he had been fighting for so long without repairs, and not because he fought a particularly strong opponent.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I kind of suspect that Caribou has a devil fruit power, and the whole point of him attacking is so that Luffy can show off his Haki against a Logia opponent. I'm actually a little bit disappointed that Luffy learned how to use Haki. Before, Logia users required him using a strategy to defeat them, but now he probably can just punch them.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Since Zoro has already had a Hindu themed attack with the whole Asura thing, I'm predicting that keeping his eye closed has something to do with using his third eye.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 15, 2011

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I really hope the Sanji having a nosebleed joke is dropped really soon. Its really getting overdone.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

In that one bar at loguetown, that old guy lists a bunch of awesome things Gold Roger accomplished. Also, Garp was never able to capture him, and he is pretty strong.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

If you absolutely must watch it in HD, at least load up the one piece video page and have it play ads a few times.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Not to mention they looked up to Arlong as inspiration, and he really wasn't that strong in the grand scheme of things.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Yes, in the East Blue he was strong, but he probably wouldn't be anything special in the grand line. At most he would be above average.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I dunno why they made it so tense. They already knew that Arlong and his crew used to part of Jimbei's crew before they ever met Jimbei. Nami probably knew it since she was a little kid.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

You'd have to be to post that unfunny video.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

It also might be because they know the secret history about the world government, which I suspect replaced some sort of Pirate-cracy.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Ulio posted:

Are the strong world anime build up episodes worth the watch? I originally skipped those since I didn't really about the movie.

They are pretty terrible and have an annoying filler kid.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

What is funny about that is that Jinbe is telling this story to Luffy and the others. It must be pretty awkward when he says that line.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I think the worst thing they do is all the flashbacks to past episodes. Its pure filler that they try and disguise as a helpful reminder.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I wonder if they are going to do the thing where crewmembers who hadn't actually been recruited yet show up anyways.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Dukeofdummies posted:

Although, to be perfectly honest do we even know how the guy trains? I've never seen him pick up dumbells or practice his punching. Hell when first pulled out his gears it felt like it was only a theory before he pulled them out.
Not seeing him train is a good thing. Training arcs are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Azzents posted:

I heard that most anime filler are scrapped stories from Oda. Can anyone confirm/deny?

No most of them are not, and the ones that are were probably scrapped for a good reason.