Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Somewhere there's a pretty precise timeline done up for the first part. If I remember the end consensus is from start to time skip was really only a few months. Like, three or four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

My favorite Zoro scene is still back in Water 7, when he and some other Straw Hats storm Iceberg's mansion/house thing. He's following Nami down a hallway, and when she turns right, he turns left. Gets me every time.

Isn't there a similar scene at enies lobby where he's following sanji and somehow ends up going up the wrong flight of stairs?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

seigfox posted:

The first swordsman-y thing we see post-timeskip Zoro do is cut up a ship, the same way Hawk-Eyes does way back in the Baratie arc. I wonder if that was intentional.

Or maybe whatever training you go through to make you the strongest swordsman also makes you hate ships.

Can't it be both?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

Oh no no no. Franky didn't try to impress them, Franky impressed them almost to death-mecha.

There ya go.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Holy poo poo :stare:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

As it is now, funimation is releasing collections of their existing episodes in 25 episode sets. They're about $20 each and that'll probably the best option for buying dvds.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm just glad they got rid of that horrid commercial with mariah carey.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Really loved the double enelface we got in this episode.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I don't remember if a goon made them or not, but someone found that shirt for sale online and a bunch of us picked them up. Now we can all be badasses under the sea.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It'd be great if I could watch the episode without an ad for claritin crashing the stream.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really don't think there's anything different about the two sets. I think the commentaries will be in the collections as well, and that was about the only real extra stuff they had in the first place.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

This was a great episode. brook's dancing was easily my favorite part

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Looks like no new episode this week.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

This was mentioned in the manga thread, but funimation is starting season 4 distribution finally. The first set is up on amazon for pre-order, and I found three new episodes on hulu. Not sure when they add new episodes to hulu though.

EDIT: DAVY BACK.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I'm not sure what the process is, but I think hulu will eventually start posting the dubs of those episodes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Isn't movie 6 or 7 the fanservice movie? Where boobs ignore gravity?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm watching the davy back episodes they've added to hulu, and jesus christ. I never watched this part before, but did they really just extend the arc by having luffy agree to another set of games?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It works yeah but the fact the whole decision happens in about two minutes is why it sucks. Also these games don't seem as fun. And Aokiji happens at the end of filler? Does that mean there's filler AFTER the davy back fight?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Has it been subbed then?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Watching the episode, and noticed something really hilarious. When Jimbei is preventing the mermen and humans from escaping, it cuts to a shot of some guys yelling 'dammit!'. Well one of the guys is wearing a shirt that says "CHIKI SHOW" on it, which is essentially the phrase for dammit.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

To be fair the OP pretty much shows the fight happening as early as 206.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

You should be so lucky. I'm getting inundated with anti obama ads.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Gyges posted:

It's also worth noting that the next arc's villain is loving fantastic.

This for sure, I absolutely love it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Because I read mainly manga these days, I have developed a tendency to read right to left in everything.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I absolutely lose it every time I see the scene where the zombie pops out of the grave and Luffy just looks at him awkwardly and tries to push him back underground.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm still somewhat surprised they didn't spend as much time on individual strawhats. They had a solid opportunity for standard training filler before the time skip to spread the gap a bit.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Because Japan.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah it's a little frustrating, everything in the OP is out of date. Which is really weird given the history of the OP's.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Strong World was released in theaters about the same time as Film Z, and I want to say there were subs for it by April or so. I could be wrong though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I haven't watched toonami in ages but have they ever done subbed shows? Is this the saturday night block we're talking about?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah one of the strongest things being Chinese Dragons used their horns to conduct/control lightning strikes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I still have hope they'll start packing more in episodes sometime in the future. Naruto started doing this and it was pretty great, although after a while they started off setting it with massive filler arcs. Maybe if we treat the filler arcs as the "offseason" it'll be alright!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think a better example is the baroque works guy who used a revolver type gun and everyone flipped over it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

And half of the fun has been in recognizing all of the different VAs from the Fullmetal Alchemist dubs!

This. Hearing Alphonse voice Dende in Dragonball Kai was just the coolest thing.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Truga posted:

TBH, just watch the sub, before you're done with all the 7 billion episodes you'll be fluent anyway.

Or, "how I learned toni kaku was a word and not a person."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

But that's not his theme song. That's sogekings theme.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

An... ORRRRRANGE?!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is that an actual announcement for a new movie?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think the reason was the first couple they did weren't popular, or ratings were bad. Something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah Netflix is pretty dodgy with anime. I remember for (what felt like) years they never added the last volume of fma: brotherhood despite having the rest of the series up.

At least in the states, Idk about int'l.