Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
The first swordsman-y thing we see post-timeskip Zoro do is cut up a ship, the same way Hawk-Eyes does way back in the Baratie arc. I wonder if that was intentional.

Or maybe whatever training you go through to make you the strongest swordsman also makes you hate ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

The fact that he seems to have gained some haki related abilities during the War of the Best (is that what its called?) reinforces the idea that he'll be a rival or opponent of some sort later on.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Hold up, have we ever seen the straw hat on Roger before? Did I miss that?

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

tsob posted:

It'd be cool to see Zoro take him on while Luffy fights Akainu and Sanji fights Aokiji for instance.

Luffy fights the one that killed his brother, Sanji and Aokiji have an ice and fire thing going on and Zoro ends the series knowing how to cut light.

I like this plan.

seigfox fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 15, 2011

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Anony Mouse posted:

Kinda creepy that all those minions look identical to each other.

I wonder if there's a copy fruit that lets them make copies. It's almost better if they're all just natural lookalikes though.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Lord Chumley posted:

In fact there is. You may have forgotten about a TRUE MAN, but I didn't.

I was thinking less Morph, more Multiple Man.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Shadow0 posted:

I don't think that's true, otherwise they wouldn't have introduced the power drugs.

The ability to hit anyone, anywhere, with anything after a single touch is not too shabby either. I imagine he'll also have some other weird applications of his power once that glove comes off.

That said I think it would make me happier if they did stomp everyone easily and instead the drama/challenge was protecting the rest of the island from being destroyed.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

KoB posted:

The glove is so his power wont lock on to anyone else. He can only have 1 person per hand at any given time and one is reserved for Shirahoshi.

I was using glove in the metaphorical sense but he also has a glove so I said... you know what, nevermind. :(

What I mean is devilfruit users, especially paramecia usually display a simple skill (ie having the properties of rubber, being able to hit anyone you touch) but they always seem to have some off the wall application of their powers as well. Luffy has a ton. Maybe he can use both hands at once to do something, or maybe he can throw himself or something else ridiculous. This is One Piece, so I'm probably not even close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

User0015 posted:

What was the change?

Judging from the tease from a few episodes ago I'm guessing she can clone herself somehow. In addition to creating millions of limbs that can also form giant limbs. And forming limbs on others that then fold them in unnatural ways.

It's broken up and down really.