Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oh gently caress I got my music to output emulated 5.1 to my speakers through foobar, and it sounds loving great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

hooah posted:

This sounds interesting. How? And do I need any specific hardware?

It says for headphones but I have it working with my 5 speaker setup (too poor for a subwoofer) sent to an external receiver over optical

http://www.head-fi.org/t/447089/5-1-headphone-experience-foobar-configuration-for-all-stereo-music-files

As an example, it seems to mix vocals towards the front and other frequencies get sort of filtered and pushed to the back.

Like I played a song with vocals and a different range of bass and higher I guess guitar work and most of that was supplemented in the rear speaker and I heard no or almost no vocals out of it, but vocals predominately came out of the front/center

Kind of hard to explain but it works great with my hand me down system and does exactly what I wanted it to do. Before I was getting mostly audio from the center only and the side speakers/rear were too quiet.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Add the whole cd to "Various Artists" or some poo poo and it'll group it that way.

Like to the Album Artist tag.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's the best way to save Album art to files? Can I do it through foobar? That's the only thing I'm missing I think...

cover.png or folder.png doesn't seem to work

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Arob1000 posted:

Save from tag to file? Right-click, Tagging->Edit Attached Pictures, choose the cover and then click "Export"

Ah that did it, I wanted to do the inverse of this though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ledge posted:

Save from file to tag? Right-click, Tagging, Attach pictures, or Batch attach pictures

:)

Yah, I got it working by doing that, thank you!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If I've got some songs that show up as 0:00 in foobar and don't play and show up as 0:00 in MPC but it plays it anyways, what can I do to fix the files?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ledge posted:

in foobar right-click on track -->Utilities-->Fix VBR MP3 header or Rebuild MP3 stream.

That worked! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It can sound better than winamp if you're going asio or whatever

• Locked thread