Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
movax
Aug 30, 2008

Dear god, thank you so much for this. :woop: I have tried many times to customize my foobar, but half the time one of the components the guide I've followed used has fallen out of date and just fucks the whole thing up.

Maybe this time I'll make it all the way through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I think maybe I need to try to write my own DACP plugin for foobar, unless I'm being retarded (entirely possible).

What I want to do/did:
I have a premium sub to sky.fm/di.fm for ~~Internet Radio~~. These sit in my foobar as a collection of URLs in a single playlist. foobar plays them great with all the metadata I want without any complaints while I'm at my desktop.

I installed TouchRemote DACP server, because I want to control what I listen to from my iPhone, using the native Remote app. This works great, and I can see all my playlists, and I get album art + metadata for music files just great.

However, for my awesome ~~Internet Radio~~, I only get the static web station title + "Unknown Artist - Unknown Album". I would love to get the real track metadata and send it to my iDevice, if possible.

Any better ways of controlling foobar from an iOS device that gets me all the metadata on the iPhone? If it's a limitation of DACP, maybe it's time to learn iOS coding and do a custom app to control it or something.

• Locked thread