Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone have recommendations for a good setup for Foobar that will let me set it up for my girlfriend who is A Big Computer Dummy and has only ever used Itunes?

I'm talking about mimicing the Library view mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

BANME.sh posted:

Why not just use itunes? Don't make somebody use complicated software if they don't have the desire to. What will foobar give her that itunes wont?

Also who complains about footprint in 2012 when ram is dirt cheap

Where did I complain about footprint? Thanks for the informative and helpful post, you colossal neckbeard human being.

Illuminado posted:

Set it up with Columns UI (screenshot on the page), when you launch it after you have the Columns *.dll put in the components folder, it'll launch and ask you to select your UI. Select Columns, and it'll look and act very similar to iTunes only with 1/100 the footprint.

Edit: If you need to do iPod syncing it's going to be a LOT more complicated, and she may get confused, but here's the link.

Thanks. She uses an Android phone so iTunes syncing isn't paramount - just tunes listening on her netbook.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread