Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Master_Odin posted:

So I'm looking to completely get away from iTunes and never use it again for my iPod. However, the one feature that I absolutely feel like I cannot live without is the down convert feature (from higher bit rates to AAC 160 or something). Does foo_dop have a feature like this so I can fit my entire library on my iPod instead of picking and choosing.

Yeah its not very good though. And you have to hunt down the codecs yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
So I manage my ipod with foo_dop to mess with the tags. I like to use directories instead of tags bc I'm lazy. I use this script I wrote to grab the top-level parent directory of a song in my library:
code:
$puts(root_depth,2)
$directory(%path%,$sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,'\',)),$get(root_depth))))
And this one for the album, which is all sub directories (almost always just one, but it handles an infinite amount of them)
code:
$puts(root_depth,2)
$puts(depth,$sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,'\',)),
$get(root_depth)))$puts(artist_dir,$directory(%path%,$get(depth)))$ifequal($get(depth),1,'\',
$replace($replace($substr(%path%,$add(1,$strchr(%path%,$get(artist_dir)),
$len($get(artist_dir))),$len(%path%)),'\'%filename_ext%,),'\',' - '))
(root_depth is the depth of the media library's path... eg c:/music is 2)

However it never updates the tags when I move stuff around in my folders!! This is super annoying because I end up with folders I've put away in subdirectories still at root level in my Artist list. I have tried rewrite database and it does nothing. Advice?? Next moves?? edit: Fixed table breakage.

The XKCD Larper fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 5, 2012

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
Does anyone know of a way to apply sort order data to items in the columnsui album list panel?

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
I got a mac and I miss the file-based browsing of foobar. Is there anything else out there with a filebrowser pane or window? I'm using Clementine now but it's really slow.

• Locked thread