Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

kode54 posted:

Count yourself lucky that foo_dop even works with your device. A lot of people have been experiencing trouble with newer versions of iTunes and/or the mobile device support package, and musicmusic doesn't seem to have been around for a while to at least say he's still working on updates.

The reason he hasn't updated it for iOS 5.x devices is because MediaMonkey no longer natively syncs with iOS 5.x devices. This affects foo_dop because foo_dop uses iPhoneCalc.dll, a DLL shipped with MediaMonkey 3 to enable syncing with iOS devices. Since he can no longer rely on this DLL, he either needs to figure out how to make use of that MediaMonkey iTunes Device Plugin or write his own code for syncing iOS devices. Either way, it's certainly not a trivial amount of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

kode54 posted:

Silly me, I had assumed he actually did all the hard work himself. Maybe a nice USB data logger would come in handy. Too bad those cost money.

He actually originally did do all the work himself. But when iOS 4 got released, he found it easier to use MediaMonkey's DLL and switched to that, relying on them to take care of all the hard work.

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

Reive posted:

There's one thing I really want in foobar to make it perfect, a simple shuffle toggle button, the same function as playback->order->shuffle (tracks) but as a toggle button next to the play/pause/etc buttons.

Any ideas about how to make that?

Look in the top right corner. All you have to do is right click on the toolbar and select "Playback Order". It's not a simple on/off, but it's really just as fast.

Fangs404 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 26, 2013

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

Bouchacha posted:

Is milkdrop still available? The link in the OP is broken.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=59388 is what you're looking for.

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

kode54 posted:

It's not really foobar2000. Well, not really the desktop version. But it will be named foobar2000. And it's coming to mobile devices near you, by the end of the year or so. It just needs funding love.

http://mobile.foobar2000.com/

I actually really dig this. I use iSub exclusively to listen to music on my phone. I'm not a fan of iTunes at all, and it'd be great to be able to stay in the foobar ecosystem with my music, on mobile as well as desktop. I think I'm gonna donate as a follower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I might donate $5, but $25 for the tier including the app seems steep. If the app were in the $5 or even a new $10 I'd jump on it. Guess it depends on what features are in it I suppose.

The way I think about it, you aren't paying $25 for the apps; you're investing $25 towards the development of the apps. It takes some serious man-hours to do proper development. Plus, I've been using foobar for well over a decade. I figure it's nice to give back to the devs after all they've given us.

• Locked thread