Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

RING RING RING RING RING RING
Not only did Zyklon specifically mention Columns, the presence of the double-height statusbar shows that he really is using Columns with NGPlaylist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

It's not always that simple because SetPoint requires to you to specify your media player in their config file. I couldn't get the buttons to work globally without it.

This is what I'm currently using with recent versions of both SetPoint and foobar (with Columns).

Guerrand fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 29, 2011

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

Red_Fred posted:

This isn't quite what I was after. I would like to keep the 'The'. Is that possible?

There are multiple ColumnsUI library viewers. If you're talking about Filter Panel or Album List, both of them sort by what is displayed in the list. So no.

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

internet inc posted:

Is there a way to make a "add to favorites playlist" button or keyboard shortcut? I've been looking around and trying to get something to work but the best I come up with is "add to playlist..." and then it asks me to chose what playlist, but that's not quick enough for my tastes.

EDIT: I know making lists is easy and I have tabs for metal/study music/whatever that I've carefully planned but I want a quick, easily-editable favorites playlist for songs I can't stop listening to lately or new songs or whatever.

foo_utils adds Add to (specific) playlist context menu items which can be used in keyboard shortcuts/buttons.

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

BANME.sh posted:

Is there some kind of "fix playlist" component that scans your library and updates missing files in a playlist? The tags have remained exactly the same.

Did you try googling for '"fix playlist" foobar' because the very first result led me to foo_playlist_revive.

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

ACID POLICE posted:

Has anyone had luck sharing a music library to a computer running foobar? I have a Mac server in my room with all my hard drives in it, but I was wondering if there was anything better than mounting a network drive and using that as my music library.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "better" on the server side -- you can set it up as a uPnP server or a Subsonic server for anywhere access/transcoding, but if it's LAN-internal and you're handling all the access/client-side stuff with foobar anyway, the other stuff is superfluous.

I have a Windows share + Hamachi for remote access on my laptop.

The one proviso is that foobar's library monitoring used to hang/take forever with some network hardware configurations. This happened a year or so ago, and I doubt it'll affect you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

You can't configure the shuffle, no. But you can create an autoplaylist with a query like
code:
(%rating% IS 3 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 9 WEEKS) OR (%rating% IS 4 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 4 WEEKS) OR (%rating% IS 5 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS)
So that higher rated tracks reappear sooner on the playlist.

• Locked thread