Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Huxley posted:

I wonder if in 10-15 years some other drink will be super popular, with designer rums or something taking off, and all the over-production now to meet demand will make bourbon and scotch super cheap and abundant.

Maybe!

Isn't that exactly what happened after the 80's whisky boom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I was looking for something more specific. I don't really know much about whisky yet other than tasting something and describing it as "smooth" or "smokey." I think Weller's 12 was both of that.

Well Weller is a "wheater", meaning that the secondary grain is wheat not rye. Other wheaters are larceny and Maker's Mark.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Assuming both are the same price and I can't really find either locally. Port Charlotte 10 Year(the regular 46% release) or Hakushu 12 year old. The only Scotch I really hated was Highland Park 12. Loved Laphroaig though, so I don't dislike peat.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
If my regular store has the regular Elijah Craig barrel proof, should I scoop it up right away or does it generally sit?