Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

NightConqueror posted:

Picked up some Buffalo Trace based on the recommendations I've heard. I definitely wasn't disappointed either. Really good, complex taste for only about $25. A lot, lot better than the Jim Beam White Label I'd been drinking (and mixing) before.

Also, I've been getting into scotch lately - a favorite being The Glenlivet 12. Do you guys have any other recommendations for scotch around the same price level ($25-35)?

Spend $45 and get Highland Park 12. You'll be glad you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Not a big fan at all of this Glenmorangie D'or I bought last week. It's the first Glenmorangie scotch I've tried, and the most expensive scotch I've purchased at ~62. It finishes well but it tastes very sour/bitter, others have said the same but the its mostly good reviews. Anybody here try it?

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

$40. Bottled in 2010 = 14yo. Love me some scotch :cheers:

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

spankmeister posted:

It doesn't work like that, whisky stops aging once it's in the bottle (unlike beer or wine) so that's a 12YO like it says on the label.

Shieeeeet. That sucks!

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Bought my first good bourbon. Buffalo Trace. :stare::respek::stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Buffalo Trace for Bourbon. Glenlivet 12 and Highland Park 12 are good places to start for scotch.