Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

cyberpunksurvivor posted:

Can anybody recommend me a good Irish Whiskey? The only one I've had is Jameson. I'm used to Patron and Cazadores tequila: it's a quick burn. Irish Whiskey, on the other hand, is a slow burn. Not that it's a bad thing: I enjoy the slow burn. Does all good whiskey burn slow?

Tullimore Dew is a little bit smoother and at about the same price range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I bought a bottle of Goon-related Dad's Hat recently. I like it, quite mellow and has a strong vanilla taste. That I found it in a State Store was surprising, I'm still under the impression the PLCB only stocks the basics.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

I'm from the Lehigh Valley, so I've got the stores in the Phillipsburg area and the Nazareth mega state store. Haven't had the chance to directly compare, but that one state store seems to be competitive with the Jersey stores.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
The Spots are a little pricey, but I'd probably say Green is the best of the three. Yellow I don't remember much of but too similar to green for the price, Red was a letdown, and I'm hoping the future Blue Spot is worth the wait.

Seconding Writer's Tears being good whiskey. I've yet to see any variants hit Pennsylvania state stores, however.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Shrapnig posted:

Anyone else tried Connemara? It’s a peated Irish Whiskey which is kind of weird. It has that brightness of 80 proof Irish whiskey but finishes like licking a piece of charcoal. It’s odd, I’m not sure I like it

I haven't had it for a while, but I like both Irish whiskey and peat. Dammit, I'm going to have to see if the state store has any.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Olpainless posted:

I'll note an exception for IPA cask finished whisky, which are really something unusual but quite nice (glenfiddich experimental IPA, I'm looking at you, though Jamesons IPA is also pretty nice and a lot more budget friendly).

:same:

My wife and I first bonded over our mutual love of stout, and the Jameson cask mates IPA works. The stout edition stinks.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Left Pennsylvania for the first time in ???, and finally got my hands on Mellow Corn. Goons have not steered me wrong. I picked up some other stuff, but I opened The Shin Japanese whiskey and I'm not sure what to think just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
My father in law used to be able to get it off the shelf for MRSP, and he pointed to one glowing review that started the frenzy. I want to say it was the New York Times, but it could have been one of the bigger magazines.