Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Anyone familiar with Ardbeg Uigeadail?

I'm a Scotch newbie out to educate myself and this is next on my list. Previous was Laphroaig Quarter Cask which I really enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just got a tax refund, so to celebrate this and Christmas I just ordered:

Aberlour a'Bunadh
Glenfiddich 18 Year Old
The Glenlivet 16 Year Old Nadurra
Lagavulin 16 Year Old
Ardbeg Uigeadail
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon

I'm excited.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got a package today

:D

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I always use Master of Malt and The Whiskey Exchange.

I get mine from Master of Malt. Excellent website and great service if anyone is thinking about using them.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I think Canadian Club is the worst whiskey I've ever tasted

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm starting to get asked what I want for Christmas, but if I want something I usually buy it so I'm struggling to come up with a list. More whiskey is always welcome though! Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who really likes Laphroaig (quarter and ten)? I've had the other big Islay hitters, Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg Uigeadail but didn't enjoy those quite so much as the Laphroaigs. Something around that price range (£50) would be ideal.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

biglads posted:

Have you tried Longrow?

No but that looks like a good possibility, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm not really a bourbon drinker but my girlfriend went to Kentucky recently and brought me back a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel (you can get it here in the UK but it's like 2-3x what she paid). Nothing will ever beat a nice peaty Islay for me but drat this poo poo is tasty.