Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luminaz
Mar 9, 2013

oops !
I like Islay whisky, the smoke & iodine taste. I've tasted so far bowmore darkest, tempest & 18yo.

Can you recommand me another one ? I would like to taste something stronger (if possible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaz
Mar 9, 2013

oops !

Politicalrancor posted:

my girlfriend was trying to be nice and bought me Jim Beam Devil's Cut. It's certainly whiskey.

Be happy it could be worse ... like some french whisky ...
I tasted one and it was like vinegar ...

Luminaz
Mar 9, 2013

oops !

why oh WHY posted:

I almost want to try just to see if it's really that bad.

So you can try this exceptionnal one !! ;) --> Wambrechies, 8 years old.

Luminaz
Mar 9, 2013

oops !

DoctaFun posted:

I love Blanton's, it's probably my favorite bourbon. Wish I had some I could drink here at work but I don't :(. I don't have a glass either. Well and I'd get fired if I drank at work.

Just wait for tonight and enjoy a nice dinner with good bourbon :)

Luminaz
Mar 9, 2013

oops !

StorrowS posted:

Hello whisky thread, only just stumbled upon you. I picked up the whisky bug about a year and half ago, and currently I'm trying to taste as many different whiskys as possible.

I have a new favourite bottle I think. Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or 12. It really builds on the great flavours of the normal Glenmorangie. It adds a level of complexity and depth with sweet and apple flavours. It also has a nice mouth-filling syrupy texture(which I assume is due to the higher proof than the whisky I normally drink)

I really recommend it if you like sweeter tasting whisky and having looked at expert reviews online since purchasing it, I can only assume I have great taste.

Have you tried some Islay's whisky already ? Because I love the smoke taste, but I doesn't tried a lot of them, only Bowmore mainly. So maybe there is some other ones which can be nice to taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaz
Mar 9, 2013

oops !

Cpt.Wacky posted:

I really like Bowmore Legend as a cheaper and not overpowering but still smoky/peaty Islay.

I just tasted Bowmore Legend and it's very less smoky than a Bowmore 15yo. I was even surprized by the taste, maybe the cask they use for it also change the usual taste of bowmore.