Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
So I got some of those "whisky stones" for Christmas. Does/Has anyone use them here? I've read they're supposed to chill the spirits by a few degrees without making it super cold and without watering it down. Might be helpful as my apartment tends to flucuate between 70-80F even in the winter (I don't control my heat), and my room-temperature stuff always seems a bit "hot". Putting straight whiskey on ice always seems to kill the flavors for me, so I avoid it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but I figure someone here might have some insight. I just got back from a trip to the Finger Lakes in New York state, which has a couple upstart distilleries. We stopped by Myers Farm distillery, which has apparently just opened in the recent past. Among other purchases the clerk informed me that the bottle of their rye I picked up was the first one they ever sold to the general public, as they had released it that morning. Is that notable enough to hold onto the bottle, or should I drink it? I assume that would depend if the distillery takes off.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Well I did save the time-stamped receipt and was considering asking the distillery for some kind of letter. I just know next to nothing about whiskey collection outside of the obvious and didn't know if it was worth any if that trouble.