Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

The Balvenie Caribbean Cask is quite delicious.

The Current stash, the Glenmorangie 18 hasn't been opened yet. The Lagavulin is probably my favorite.

My pops enjoys his crown... that is 20+ bags of CR Black there....\

Evil_Penguin_v2 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Has anyone had experience with any of the Elements of Islay? I have seen these around and the concept looks really cool.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

Deleuzionist posted:

If you like young Islays I can vouch for Cl2, Lg2 and Bn4 from that series. The Lg2 and Bn4 are very young, possibly 10-11 years old while the Cl2 is older, probably at 12-15 years, and a bit more balanced. Cl3 is godlike but unfortunately only available on a cruise ship going between Stockholm and Helsinki (it is possible that Port Askaig 19yo CS is the same stuff as the alc. vol., tasting notes and bottling years match). Cl4 isn't worth the investment: heavy smoke but little anything else, and practically undrinkable without adding water. I haven't tried the Bruichladdich or Bowmore ones and was too late to the party for the so far only releases from Ardbeg and Laphroaig, as well as the Cl1. I heard the first Port Ellen in the series was magnificent but it's gone now, and apparently the later PEs in the series never quite reached its level.

Ardbeg and Laphroaig 10 year selections are 2 of my favs. I am very interested in the Lg1 and Lg2 as Lagavulin hasn't been topped on my list yet, I am sure as you can tell these sound like drinks right up my alley as i quite enjoy the peat and smoke that comes from them. I have been on a mission to find the 12 year cask strength but no avail in Dayton so far. Also the bottles they used piked my interest, using medicinal shaped bottles is just downright cool.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
I'm up in Cleveland catching the 1st 2 games against the tigers. Well i was at a random bar before the game yesterday and saw the Cleveland bourbon whiskey and talked about it with the bartender and got a free sample and can agree with agree consensus just no flavor to it, i would say it is just a watered down cheap taste. I was bummed.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Today was a good day. Last week in Cleveland we stopped at an area Coast Guard Exchange, I went straight to the whiskeys hoping to find a bargain and i wasn't disappointed. I scored a bottle of Jameson 18 year for the great price of 74.95. OK, so we are caught up and today me and the pops did a taste test with the 18 and a bottle of Red Breast 12 year and to say the Jameson was the winner is an understatement cause in reality we were the winners.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
So I impulse bought a bottle of Booker's in a cool looking pine box. Trip and taste report to fallow. I also didn't notice it was 127.3 proof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
So i am going down to Kentucky for bowling green AMs, a really big 4 day disc golf tourney. And was wondering what to hunt for if i hit up a liquor store down there. I love my smokey islay stuff but am down for whatever