Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«46 »
BraveUlysses
Aug 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ogopogo posted:

Can't wait to see them pics when you get your steel!

Grandma pie is a NYC thing, a slight variant on a Sicilian pizza. It's an olive oil covered square sheet pan pizza, dough stretched out on it and covered with mozz first then sauce. Grandma pie doesn't have as long a fermentation as a Sicilian and makes for a different kind of dough when cooked in the oven. It's an East Coast/NYC pizza for sure, slowly making its way out West (apparently - this is what I'm hearing from the pizza dudes I talk to). It's good!

interesting! i've been really digging the detroit style stuff from a place near me but i need to try making it at home, do you have a recipe for detroit style dough? i think kenji has a recipe but i figured you probably have one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

«46 »