Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«52 »
Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

That crust is spot on for a thick pizza. Nice job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.

Fun Shoe

The dog thought so, too.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

sirbeefalot posted:

These aren't usually as photogenic as the NP and NY pies, but I was pretty impressed with this.

Absolute unit.

I want to know everything there is about this pizza. I'll settle for the recipe, dough weight, diameter, and time/temp please.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.

Fun Shoe

Happiness Commando posted:

I want to know everything there is about this pizza. I'll settle for the recipe, dough weight, diameter, and time/temp please.

For these I use Kenji's recipe and method, which works fine on its own, but I also incorporate my sourdough starter into it. I've been replacing some of the flour and water in the recipe with the ~1 cup of discard from feeding the starter, but this time I just added it to the full recipe and it worked great. The starter really takes the flavor of the dough into a whole other realm. When I was replacing flour/water with starter, it made the crusts much thinner than just the recipe by itself. I make two pies with the recipe in 9" cake pans.

Baked at 500F in my gas oven for probably.... 20-25 minutes, until the top looks good. This had a light crushed tomato base with oregano, salt and pepper, then whole milk mozz, topped with garlic, grilled chicken, onions, and a swirl of bbq sauce, and finished with fresh parsley after it came out. This was probably the best pan pizza I've made yet.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

How hot does the PIzza Party oven get on the outside? Mine just arrived and I foolishly didn't buy the stand for it. Now I'm trying to figure out where to put it and the best I've got at the moment is a commercial grade plastic folding table that can hold ~250 lbs static weight. I'm just worried about the oven melting through it.

BraveUlysses
Aug 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ogopogo posted:

Testing out a 24 hour refrigerated fermentation on my sourdough. A really good margherita resulted!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

forbidden dialectics posted:

How hot does the PIzza Party oven get on the outside? Mine just arrived and I foolishly didn't buy the stand for it. Now I'm trying to figure out where to put it and the best I've got at the moment is a commercial grade plastic folding table that can hold ~250 lbs static weight. I'm just worried about the oven melting through it.

I have never felt the bottom, where the insulation may be thinner, but the top only gets to maybe 120f at full burn for an hour.

I'd probably go to Lowe's/Home Depot and just get one sheet of rock wool for like $12, set the oven on top, then cut off the excess.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

I have never felt the bottom, where the insulation may be thinner, but the top only gets to maybe 120f at full burn for an hour.

I'd probably go to Lowe's/Home Depot and just get one sheet of rock wool for like $12, set the oven on top, then cut off the excess.

I was thinking of just putting the pallet that the box came on between them, but this is a much better idea. Thanks!

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Alright first batch out of the pizza party. Learned a lot, and they actually turned out pretty well. 65% hydration dough, Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour. 1 hour autolyze, 1 hour bulk room temp rise, ~18 hour portioned fridge rise. Next time I'll probably skip the bulk rise and go a little higher hydration.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Those look stellar! Great work. Are you using the included floor bricks, or the saputo ones they sell?

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

Those look stellar! Great work. Are you using the included floor bricks, or the saputo ones they sell?

The included ones. I am definitely interested in trying the saputo ones at some point, but I need to practice my fire management a bit more and do a few more bakes to really get a good idea how the floor/dome temperature effects my bake.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

Alright first batch out of the pizza party. Learned a lot, and they actually turned out pretty well. 65% hydration dough, Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour. 1 hour autolyze, 1 hour bulk room temp rise, ~18 hour portioned fridge rise. Next time I'll probably skip the bulk rise and go a little higher hydration.

Kickass pizzas, looking amazing!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

The included ones. I am definitely interested in trying the saputo ones at some point, but I need to practice my fire management a bit more and do a few more bakes to really get a good idea how the floor/dome temperature effects my bake.

As a heads up, the saputo ones are very different, not necessarily better. They conduct heat WAY more slowly, so you can get your oven up to 800+ and not burn the poo poo out of the bottoms. Your cooks will go to under 90 seconds, easily, under 60 seconds if you want to go hotter (I typically cook at 975-1050+). You'll get a softer, more traditional NP results. I actually honestly miss the slightly crisper, neo-Neapolitan that I got on the stock tiles sometimes.

It's not SUPER hard to switch back and forth, just make sure that you are super careful removing the stock bricks, and keep them in a dry place. I was an idiot and was like "Everyone says the Saputo are better, what do I need THESE OLD lovely BRICKS FOR?!?!"

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Anyone have a suggestion for high gluten flour I don't necessarily have to get in 50lb bags? I had a source for All Trump's in 50# but can't find it where I now live. I got a bag of Kyrol at the Costco business center, but so far I don't like it as much as all trumps. We will see after this next batch of pizzas. I'd just get all trumps shipped but $$$$$$$

This is for New York style in a 500F oven on a steel.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

I think King Arthur Sir Lancelot is around the same protein percent range as All Trumps

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

kirtar posted:

I think King Arthur Sir Lancelot is around the same protein percent range as All Trumps

Yeah, but do you like it?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW I GHOULISHLY CELEBRATE THE DEATH OF CHILDREN TO TEACH THEIR PARENTS "A LESSON"

ShaneB posted:

Anyone have a suggestion for high gluten flour I don't necessarily have to get in 50lb bags? I had a source for All Trump's in 50# but can't find it where I now live. I got a bag of Kyrol at the Costco business center, but so far I don't like it as much as all trumps. We will see after this next batch of pizzas. I'd just get all trumps shipped but $$$$$$$

This is for New York style in a 500F oven on a steel.

I haven't used this vendor yet but plan to someday https://brickovenbaker.com/collections/all

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

kirtar posted:

Are all your flours named after made-up tyrants?

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

goku i won't do what u tell me

godDAMN these look good, what are you cooking them in? outdoor pizza oven?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

godDAMN these look good, what are you cooking them in? outdoor pizza oven?

Thanks! Cooking them in the Pizza Party 70x70.

«52 »