Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I finally managed to both work my dough the right amount and NOT kill my yeast! Some friends got me a food processor for the holidays, which makes dough way better than my terrible kneading, but the first time I made pizza dough with it, I used warm water and the full mix time indicated, killing my yeast and yielding a tasty but flat crust. On advice from here and elsewhere, I upped my hydration and chilled my sponge after an initial proof, got beautiful, perfect dough which, after an 8 hour cool rise, gave me this:

crumb shot:

so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
ARRGGH. I was finally getting good at this, had managed my first successful toss, and on either pizza three or four of the night (they were small) my stone broke! We're moving in 3-4 months, so I'm just going to pick up unglazed quarry tiles as appropriate for whatever oven we have wherever we wind up, but drat, I was looking forward to at least a couple of spring pizza nights.