Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Tried an experiment with some leftover butter chicken. I used the gravy as the sauce, and put the chicken on top. Did this for half of the pan pizza:

Made one on the stone too, came out a little dark, but not quite burnt:

I liked how the chicken came out. I might add a little bit of the regular sauce too, as the transition pieces were nice. I'm a little disappointed in the cheese though, it wasn't my usual brand and was much moister than I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I tried making some sauce from fresh tomatoes, but it was too much liquid and the pie ended up a bit soupy in the center. Bad pizza is still pizza, and it comes out pretty good reheated on a skillet.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I've put it on right after it comes out and the residual heat cooked it a bit.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I like to make fajita pizza sometimes, if I have leftover fajitas. Being ever so slightly dried out works well.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

That's a giant goldfish

Pizza flavored are the best

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Looks really nice. I have an unexpected trip to Vegas coming up, but I assume the restaurant won't be open yet. I'll still have a reason to go back one day.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Nice, adding to my list.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Some people use parchment paper, that's probably the easiest.

It took me a while to get a feel for the cornmeal. I make sure that everything else is ready first, oven ready to go and all toppings out. I dust a wooden peel with cornmeal, and then stretch the dough and lay it on the peel. No stretching once on the peel if I can help it. I give the peel a shake to make sure it's sliding free, it's easier to add more meal before toppings go on. Then add the toppings, shake again. Straight into the oven, the longer it sits the more it sticks.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The stretching takes some practice. If I made pizza every day I'm sure I'd be a master. Instead I'm just ok now. I made this pie last week. I was pretty happy with how it stretched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

ogopogo posted:

That’s a killer looking pizza and cheese crust, I wanna taste that crunch!

Finally got around to filming a video of me opening a dough and making a pizza. Imgur has a 60s limit so here’s one minute chunks of me building a sausage and kale pizza, and the final product.

https://i.imgur.com/LxN6YYc.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/K3QtUfi.mp4

That's a hell of a stretch at the end. I appreciate the reference.