Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I've been attempting to refine my pizza skills.I recently added some bricks to the bottom of my oven for better heat. Here is my latest work and my first post. I used the pizza crust recipe from the Joy of Cooking crust (not fantastic) with sausage and mushroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I have a wimpy pizza stone that is about 1/2 thick and maybe 12-14in diameter. Where can I get a thick bad rear end pizza stone? I've heard of getting them from stone/granite places but I called one locally and they quoted me over $100 bucks for a slab. What are you using and where do you recommend I look for a sweet (inexpensive) stone? I don't care if it's half a broken jagged counter top as long as it cooks my delicious pizzas. Thanks.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Here is some of my work from last night. Olive oil and herb sauce with garlic, mushrooms, and some mozzarella. I found a board in my basement that contractors left behind and I've been using it as a makeshift peel. A huge improvement over taking my stone out of the oven.

Shooting Blanks - thanks for the website. It sounds like users are pretty happy with these although $70-90 I think is a bit much for a stone. Maybe I'm not hardcore enough. Or just cheap.

Nebula - Thanks for the recommendation, I hadn't thought of this. There are a couple places nearby that I will check out.

DekeT - This is what I wanted to do originally and the price point I wanted find.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 17, 2012

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

More pictures. From last night.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

demonR6 posted:

Holy poo poo that looks delicious!

Maybe not the prettiest, but it was without a doubt the tastiest crust I've ever made.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I haven't booted up the oven in a while here because it has been so hot but I did so last night. Two ZZZZZaahs.

Artichoke, sundried tomato, garlic, and mushroom

Crust. I may try it a little lower in the oven next time.

Olives, sundried tomato, garlic, and mushroom.

I forgot I had a garden full of fresh basil : [

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

cr0y posted:

Anyone want to help me reverse engineer this guy?

This is the local "best pizza in the world" joint around me (Suburb of Pittsburgh)...

Looks like Fiori's.