Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foursaken
Nov 30, 2010

Intrepid Spirit

mindphlux posted:

just for the sake of posting, I've tried a number of pizza doughs, and my favorite is Batali's. I usually just buy premade, but if I'm making my own, his is spot on fwiw.

code:
Mario Batali’s Pizza Dough
Published: August 16, 2007

¼ cup white wine

¾ cup warm water

1 ½ ounces yeast

1 tablespoon honey

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

3 cups all-purpose flour

Method:

Combine wine, water and yeast in a large bowl and stir until dissolved. Add the honey, salt and olive oil and mix thoroughly. 
Start by adding 1 cup of flour and make a wet paste. Add remaining flour and incorporate.

Place dough on a lightly floured board and knead for 2 to 3 minutes.

Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise for 45 minutes.
the wine should be lukewarm though

My mom used to make dough similar to this. no wine, but with a nice light honey flavor. works amazingly well with almost any topping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU