Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Why are pizza ovens like Alpha, Fontana and Fornetto so expensive? $3,000+ for what amounts to a box with a dome inside? What am I missing?

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
When I put fresh tomato on my pizzas, I use Romas - much more meaty, and far less of that watery seedy goo.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I picked up a Weber pizza stone insert for my Weber charcoal grill the other day, cooked on it and christ how the gently caress do I get pizzas to move off of a peel without ruining the crust? They get all bunched up because they don't want to slide. Do I need an absolute ton of flour or cornmeal or what? My peel is steel. Is this bad?

Also how do I clean a cordierite pizza stone, just brush it off with a wire brush and spot clean with damp cloths? It has sauce and poo poo all over it now, all baked on.

I'm very bad at pizza.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

clockworx posted:

Buy a superpeel. (I am also very bad at pizza.)

Holy christ they're like $130 in Canada.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Jmcrofts posted:

Oh man, do they make non-wood peels? I'd imagine a metal peel would basically act like super glue for dough.

Mine is steel. Welcome to my hell.

Thank you all for the tips, I will be trying this over the next few days.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I'd love one of those Blackstone pizza ovens but they're $549 CAD on Amazon.ca ($438 USD), and on Amazon.com they're $272 USD.

What the gently caress

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
drat, were those done in an oven?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Made a batch of dough on Saturday that I've got in my fridge still, in a steel bowl covered with saran wrap. I need to freeze it or use it. What could I do with it besides pizzas that you'd recommend? My wife and I are totally pizza'd out after this past week (heresey, I know).