Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I made my first pizza in a while tonight. Garlic crust (I need to use more garlic next time), basil pesto base, gruyere, spinach, mushrooms, sweet italian sausage, chevre. It tastes really great, and the crust is thin and crispy. I don't have a stone, so it's just a pizza pan in a 500 degree oven. It could definitely be better, but I can dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
My first thought would be to somehow make the crust like a soft pretzel instead of adding crumbled pretzel bits to it. No idea how you would accomplish that, since a pretzel is boiled, but I bet it would taste way better.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

smarion2 posted:

Mmmm this one looks so tasty. What is reggae reggae sauce pizza?

I think it's a pizza with this stuff on it. Sounds pretty good to me.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 13, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

area_man posted:

stinkcheese
Care to get a bit more specific here? Lots of cheeses "stink", but I can't imagine they'd all go well in a pizza. Otherwise, I'm probably going to try out your technique, because my cast iron pan needs a good workout, and so do my kidneys, liver, and heart.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

nwin posted:

I didn't let it cool though. How long should you let the pizza rest after taking it out?

Give it like five minutes and you should be fine. Just long enough for the cheese to kinda become solid again, but not long enough that it's going to be cold when you eat it.

Just curious, have you tried using other types of sauce instead of tomato? I love a pesto pizza, for example.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

turtle_hermit posted:

Tomato sauce, spinach, mozz, purple onion. Fresh basil and olive oil after the bake.
Haven't made a pie in at least six months, turned out great.

That looks excellent. Great job.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Tenchrono posted:

No one else is around to eat them though.

Well I can't imagine why not!

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Thoogsby posted:

Anyone have a dough recipe for Cast Iron Pizza?

Would it need to be different from any other dough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Killer robot posted:

Though this does lead to the secondary minor trouble that the crust sometimes puffs up incredibly in those couple minutes than needs pierced and deflated before topping. Not sure what to do about that. I tried piercing one just now and if anything it did it worse.

I always dock my crust before topping/cooking it. After you've got your crust shaped, just take a fork (or your finger I guess) and poke the dough a bunch of times, about an inch apart, until there are little pock marks all over it. Don't poke it too hard, since you don't want to make holes in the crust, but hard enough that the holes don't just spring back up. That should stop any big bubbles from forming when it bakes.

This is also handy for pie or any other dough that you want to stay flat when baking. :science: