Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Anyone else made beer dough? Simple recipe:

3 cups flour
2tsp salt
1 cup beer

mix, knead, let sit for 10 minutes then let rise for 3 days at 45°F

I've made it with a couple of homebrews and with a few microbrews, both at home and at a restaurant where we know the owner well enough to have the privilege of using the coal oven from time to time. A good place to start is making a spicy pizza with a hoppy beer in the dough, I love pepperoni and jalapeņo on crust made with Stone Levitation. I've also done imperial stout crust with sweet and spicy sausage, and Ithaca Flower Power with sweet sausage and sweet peppers.

Also, BJ's wholesale sells a pizza stone/peel/tray kit cheap, I think mine was $16. Not a huge stone, but at least 16 or 18 inches.

Cathab posted:

At the risk of being chased outta this thread with pitchforks, I don't suppose anyone has a good gluten free pizza dough recipe? My wife's favorite food in the whole world is pizza and we used to love making home-made pizzas, however she's recently been diagnosed with a wheat intolerance that makes her violently ill if she consumes even a small amount :(

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Target sells a kit in their gourmet food section, I bought it on a whim when it was $2. It doesn't rise and doesn't really taste like any dough you've eaten, but I could get used to the taste if I had to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU