Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chia
Dec 23, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

ok I'll snag the cheapo ooni aluminum one from Ace hardware tomorrow, it's the cheapest and fastest option

will I be ok using kenjis ny pizza dough recipe or should I switch to a napoletana style for best results?

I have both the Ooni aluminium one and the bamboo peel for my Koda 12". I prefer the wooden one for launching because the dough doesn't stick as easily so I can use a lot less flour on it. I use the aluminium peel for turning and taking the pizzas out of the oven and it's pretty great for that. Super easy to slide under the pizza since it's so thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Picked some chanterelles and these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craterellus_tubaeformis.

Made pizza with mushrooms and quick pickled shallots:

Was insanely good. Need to add more mushrooms next time, though.

chia fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 17, 2020

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Holy poo poo that crust looks amazing

chia
Dec 23, 2005

ogopogo posted:

Another weekend of pizza making done, sent out 80 pies over two days! Here are a few that we sold, and a few we kept for ourselves..

The cast iron R&D continues. Still working out a proper proof in the pan, but it's getting there.

I'm gonna do cast iron pizza next time. That looks so good.

Cheese pizza with blue cheese, buffalo mozzarella and pecorino romano:

chia
Dec 23, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

It appears you need to work on the single most crucial pizza making skill. Turning the best looking side to the camera and pretending the whole pie looks exactly like it. That right side leoparding... perfection.

Looks absolutely great.

Ha, thank you! I went a bit overboard with the blue cheese but still a good pizza.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Made some delicious but crappy looking pan pizza on friday. Had some leftover pizza dough and made this the next day:

Garlic butter, loads of parmesan, oregano and spring onions. Served with a tomato dipping sauce and chili oil. So, so good.

chia fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 1, 2021

chia
Dec 23, 2005
I love the Koda 12, but I kinda wish I'd gotten the bigger one. If you've got the cash go for the 16 I guess but they're both great pizza ovens. Easy to use, consistent and (at least the smaller one's) fuel efficiency is amazing.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
The best one last night (and in a long time):

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Simple is good

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Thanks for the comments everyone :kimchi:

ShaneB posted:

Can I get your dough recipe on this? Looks perfecto.

Sure! This was a 48 hour Neapolitan dough with about 65% hydration, and this is usually my process:

00 Flour 475 g
Water 310 g
Salt 14 g
Fresh Yeast 5 g

(about, makes 4x200g pizzas)

Mix fresh yeast with cold water, add the rest of the ingredients, stir with a fork or something in a bowl until a dough starts to form. Knead with hands on a very lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and not sticky, I usually test at this point if it passes a gluten window test.

Transfer the dough back to a bowl, cover with cling film and let rise at room temperature until doubled. I have a pretty cold kitchen so it was about 4 hours this time.

Divide and ball up the dough. Try to get them as round and smooth as possible, then place in a floured proofing container (I just use a large enough plastic box with a lid) and into the fridge for two days they go. Take them out of the fridge 2-5 hours (depending on the temperature) before baking, either place on a floured surface and cover with a wet/moist kitchen towel or keep them in the container with the lid on.

Shape using your hands, top, and bake in a hot as hell oven :) I have an Ooni Koda and this one took a little over a minute to bake.

I'd use a little less fresh yeast next time. I added a little extra this time since I wasn't sure of how well my yeast would work but it turned out fine.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Huh, I had no idea fresh yeast isn't used everywhere . :finland:

Sometimes I have instant/active dry yeast and yeah, just use like a gram of it like mediaphage said and you should be fine :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Hello pizza thread, my old friend. It’s been a while.

This one had cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and pesto:

Tuna, anchovies, orange zest and pickled red onions: