Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UkeA26iZeC0#t=239s

Here's a short glimpse of the soccer minigame online. It looks as fun as I could ever imagine. I hope we can do 8 vs 8 on it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Walked into Best Buy without preorder, walked out with a Collector's Edition (the last one available too). :c00l:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
GTCC representing the top time on the Top Gear LFA challenge at Infineon :smug:. I'm sure someone will beat me eventually.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Dirty Laps have nothing to do with aggressive driving. Dirty laps indicate laps in which you gained some unfair advantage to improve your lap time. Here are some of the causes of dirty laps:

- Contact, whether with walls or cars
- Cutting courses. If your center of the car is over the edge of the course, you get invalidated. Some courses are different whether they include the rumble strips or not in this calculation
- Draft. You get invalidated laps for being roughly ~1 second behind a car or in front of a car if your speed is 100mph or above.

Each of these can be exploited for an unfair advantage for improving lap times, whether increasing speed by bumpdrafting, drafting, or improving lap times by cutting the course.

Avoid these and you get a clean lap for the leaderboard.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 15, 2011

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Internet Victory posted:

-Last time I played a NASCAR game was probably 8 years ago so it might have changed but I remember NASCAR stock cars having 4 gears, not 6

What else is out there? I'm really curious.

They do have 4 gears. You're probably using an upgraded prize car that has the 6 gear race transmission.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
There is a Game With Devs today (12/14) at 4pm est for anyone wanting to snag some unicorn car(s).

:getin:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Reminder that there is a Game with Dev tonight at 8pm est it looks like. They say they are giving away "tons of unicorns" so....:getin:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

GOD IS BED posted:

Was there a specific room? Or should we be friend requesting some of the Devs?

You go onto the Turn10 Facebook page chat room around the start time, and the Devs will post specific rooms that the races will be in. Of course, theres hundreds of people in the chat trying to get into the races as well, so good luck getting into one.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

CaseFace McGee posted:

I've got a 1:10.0xx in that event... I saw I was above L Harrison and I my face went :supaburn:

GT is CaseFace McGeee if you want to follow my line

Yes because im whoring it for credits. The time I posted is nowhere near what I can do. :c00lbert:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yea what the hell, I didn't know about this Veloster challenge either. :(

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wsqqgaqPRKU#t=50s

Sweet Jesus I'm going to crank up the volume in cockpit and go deaf :flashfap:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I did a few laps in the Challenger rivals event. Hope you guys ain't mad. :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Seems like a lot of effort to go through for some troll. But yea, everything reeks of amateurish. The video has no information whatsoever, except a title, which is revealed in the blandest way possible.

The website frontpage also looks terrible, something put together in 20 minutes. I have no idea.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Sounds like I need to stop playing ME3 and pick up Forza for some laps in the ZR1. :getin:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I set some times in Rivals mode for Fauxpas to beat :shobon:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Computer Opponent posted:

It's so good, I felt like I had to have something more than an analog stick. I checked craigslist, and found a kid selling a MS force feedback wheel a few miles away from me for 40 bucks.

If you're referring to the MS Force Feedback wheel that came out like 15 years ago, it won't work. I have one myself and still use it for iRacing.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I now have two Camaro SS unicorns. I wish I could sell one (lol) or at the least gift/trade it. Turn10:arghfist:

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-SiSStgcw Material for top of page. :fap:

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 15, 2012

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Found myself a little exploit car that no one else seems to be using. Take the BMW E30 M3 at C356, add full Forza aero, race differential, and a full roll cage to get it down to D350. Add some sway bars or whatever you fancy. Ok it's not as good as those fuckers in the Chevy Spark or whatever else but it's the fastest D class car I've came up with :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I wish Turn10 would allow us to swap any engine into any car, then we could do constantly hilarious poo poo like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLAo7hhZ_Yg

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The Ferrari 458 Challenge is NOT a unicorn. It came with the Collector's Edition and is available to buy straight from the dealer.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Reminder that there is a Game With Devs tomorrow at 1pm est for anyone hunting unicorns :clint:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

CaseFace McGee posted:

Skip job interview to get more :siren:UNICORN CARS:siren:, don't get job, spend summer wallowing in street gutters - more importantly, without the ability to play Forza

This is the correct choice. There's always more jobs out there, but you never know when you'll get a unicorn.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hey look at this, there's a lot of new posts. It must be something important announced....Oh :suicide:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I have 10.2 million credits right now, more than i've ever had at any one time. I wonder how ready I am now to buy all 30 Porsche. That's all i'm saving my credits towards right now. After that, i'll work on filling up my garage with everything else until I hit 550 cars.

52 million credits here :smug: I'll just buy the entire dealership.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Captain Hair posted:

Hooooly poo poo, I just "beat" Forza4. At level 69 (heh) too. I went through the uninspiring credits and thought "wonder whats next in world tour?" only for it to put me back to the start of it.

gently caress yeah, I get to race cars I like again! Though to be fair, my last 2 races were in C-class using that massive caddy, it weighs ober 5 tonnes. Thats incredible and yet it doesn't even feel too big to drive! I can't wait to take it online and see if any pubbies try to push me off in this thing.

Might want to take a gander at the Event List. :)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
gently caress yea more free cars. I would have bought the pack anyway though, but free is so much better :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The McLaren F1 has a high PI due to it's power output and top speed. Don't even bother adding any horsepower if you do tune it. Concentrate on tires and weight reduction. I think it's a really good S class car, along with its GT counterpart for R3, and the racecar is a drat downforce monster.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Falken posted:

We need a :dice: for turn 10 sometimes.

If any other game company needed it besides Dice, it would Polyphony before Turn10 :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
PYF Forza engines that make you go deaf while driving them:

Mazda 787B
RUF Rt 12 S
#17 Zonda Race Car

goddamn

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You want to shift into lower gears as fast as possible, maximizing the use of the engine brake to slow the car down, without over-revving of course.

The car jolts sideways when you downshift in a corner because you're not blipping the throttle. If you don't, then the RPMs suddenly jump and it jerks the rear wheels out from under you. If you rev the engine during an engaged clutch, you can match the RPMs to that of when you disengage, and then the car won't jump out from you.

It's a lenient game, so you don't have to do all of this to get the car around the track, but it helps.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Welp Forza Horizon trailer was on E3

Confirmed dirt trail driving and :siren:headlights:siren:

Not really much else though.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Welp I'm abandoning all hope right now. Time to wait for Forza 5 instead :suicide:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

speedtek posted:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:kiddo: He looks so happy

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The only way you're going to play Gran Turismo/Forza/iRacing is to get a Fanatec. They're more expensive, but compatible across all platforms, and pretty good.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I use the default controls, the left bumper for clutch. Try training your fingers to do that :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I just used my generic F200 build Pinto, which is made for longer tracks, so I struggled a little bit. Regardless, it's enough to get another unicorn so anyways :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Take my money now Turn10, good god.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
gently caress the 190E. I beat the time with a Subaru WRX :smug:. Bentron would be proud.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Take my money now Turn 10, mother of god. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

azflyboy posted:

Slight derail...

What did folks here use to beat the Ford Classics Showcase races in the event list?

I've got a Deluxe that easily won two of the events, but on the Sebring Club Circuit, the AI Fairline just walks away on the straighter sections and I can't catch it. Using other cars for that race has the same results, so I'm curious if there's a way to beat that race without dropping the 200,000 credits for the Fairlane or nerfing the difficulty.

gently caress yes I hated that event for the AI cheater car. I just rammed him off the road when I got close enough, but it was stupid luck. (I was on the hardest difficulty)

• Locked thread