Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Sunday Punch posted:

I was going to go with 'Forza Motorsport 4 - Say it with a T' but I thought better of it

May the Forz' be with you :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress FUCKITY gently caress.

Game posted:

Dear Captain Hair,

Thank you for preordering Forza Motorsport 4 from GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of Forza Motorsport 4 we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to
you in time for launch day. As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your
payment card a little earlier than usual.

You may receive an email informing you that your order has been cancelled.
If your order has been cancelled please place a new order on https://www.game.co.uk/forza

If your payment has been successful you will receive an email letting you know that your order
is on its way. It will not reach you early, this just means its being held ready for delivery on launch day.

Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the release date.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
http://www.game.co.uk/contact

The Customer Service Team
GAME.co.uk

I havn't been told its cancelled, but also my account hasn't been charged yet either. So I guess now I just have to wait and see, I'm probly just being paranoid. I did pre-order over 2 months ago so I hope I don't get messed about by this.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Someone please start a FM4 iRC channel!

#forzagoons on synIRC is where most of us hang out I think :)

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

GAME posted:

Your Pre-Order!

Order Number:xxxxxxxx
Order Date:28 July 2011
Delivery Address:

-snippped-

Delivery Method: UK FREE Delivery

360 FORZA MOTORSPORT4 LE (Xbox 360) Pre-order Available: 14-Oct-2011
Total cost of products: £59.99
Delivery charge: £0.00
Order Total: £59.99

Your payment card will be charged prior to the despatch of your order and any Reward Points will be allocated to your card.

Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to be about? Its like they just sent me an email to remind me I pre-ordered it? Is this confirmation that they havn't cancelled my order? It doesn't actually have any new info in it, its just a review of my order, which for some reason they have sent to me again?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

GhostDog posted:

WHY? Why only .02 seconds? I could concede if you made it into the 41s. I could just go "Welp, I lost" and back out gracefully. But .02 seconds? I can surely find another .03 seconds! I might even get lucky and only need to drive another thirty. loving. laps.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to rivals mode.

The top gear ones are going to be sooo painful.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

LunaticAngel posted:

CaptainHair, it seems that the traffic AI has it in for me when I'm trying to beat your laps in the 458. Took me bloody ages to get a clean one. Everytime I got near, the ai cars clipped me in the exit of the last corner.

Curse yoouuu, I spent like an hour trying to beat your time (I think in the ferrari) and don't know if I can better you, but I'll try dammit. Theres one point where you nip infront of some AI (I think before the downhill drop part) and its like some kind of black magic because I just could not make it in there without being clipped by the AI.

Speaking of dirty laps, has anyone else noticed that sometimes the back end of your car can clip a barrier when you're a bit sideways and it doesn't dirty the lap? Happened to me a couple of times now.

Oh yes, shipping from GAME... despite ordering months ago and never changing my payment info and checking with the back that they havn't blocked it, I'm still in shipping limbo. Everyone else seems to have had theirs shipped or cancelled, but I'm just here. In purgatory :(

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

So whats everyones UK LCE orders doing?

Mines unshipped, still no 3rd e-mail. But it hasn't been cancelled... so far my internet searches have told me that as of now everyone is either cancelled or shipping. Mines stuck :(

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Goddamn I can breath again. I already got the BMW and season pass from the storefront and the game wont be here for days yet. I'm such a whore for this game :ohdear:

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Not to try and turn this into a "please post X screenshot" thread, but uh. Is there some reason not a goddamn one of you has posted a matte black Camaro yet? Huh? :colbert:

So good first impressions from people? Its frustrating having to wait till friday, but I suppose thats the first chance I'll get to play it anyway even if I had it right now.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Oh yeah, baby. Think I need to work on the eyebrows some more, but goddamn.

Havn't even raced yet, spent almost 2 hours in the game though.

Oh and my Limited Edition DLC content code? I'm guessing thats VIP and stuff? Because I put it into my xbox and I chose "download now" but it was never added to my downloads que... what gives?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Day Man posted:

All the data was included in one of the other packs, so it just downloaded a key and finished almost immediately.

I only seem to have 1 RUF in my buy-list too... I think somethings been fiddley someone. I'll check my downloads and media library and poo poo i guess. Cheers :)

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Falken posted:

Attention!

Anyone who wants into the SA Eurogruppen club please give me your gamertag. I think there's alot of plebs trying to get in.

I'd like in please :) "Captain Hair57"

Got all my DLC working, for whatever reason I had to re-install all 3 DLC's from the dashboard, working fine now. 3 RUFs in my garage and holy poo poo is there alot of muscle cars!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

ZombieLicker posted:

Come at me bros. :smug:

...Comatose? Is that you old buddy?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

I decided that since my rusty decals were selling so well, I'd make a rat look rabbit to sell on the storefront.

Now I all I have to do is copy the same layers over to some BMW's, other VWs, ect untill I have 18 to sell, then I can fund my lavish car buying easier.

edit: bigshot https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/bigrabbit.jpg?w=9ed63b1e

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 16, 2011

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

I made another rat look, I fear this is becoming an addiction :ohdear:

Getting around 200k cr a day now from the storefront, which is more than I ever made in all of F3! Infact my lavish spending can't keep up with it, I've hit 1mil ingame for the first time now I'm just dying to waste it on something rediculous like a countach or a billion camaros.

Then I need to take it into rivals mode because goddamn you guys are knocking me down alot since all i've been doing is drat vinyls.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

A5H posted:

Has anyone done an E28 like Rusty Slammington yet?! I would love one if so.

I'm workin' on it, drat tricky given the teeth though.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

A5H posted:

Yessss, can I get a version when done please? :D

Sure thing, I'll be putting it up on my storefront when its done anyway. Let me know your GT (or add me (we may already be xbox buds? Captain Hair57) and I'll gift it to you so its unlocked and crap. :)

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Goddamn finally finished slammington

Wish T10 had given us matte paint :( But I think this is about the best I can do, lots of wasted layers though.

I even managed to get it handling reasonably, its shared in SAEG too. I think maybe rather than weight reduction I should have stuck a turbo in instead.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

I took the new Supercharged Death out in multiplayer tonight to claim its first victim:

I was trying to pass you clean, but the kerb kicked me up on two wheels into your camaro :(

I also owe a massive apology to ziploc (I think) whom I somehow managed to hit 3/4 times in the first 20 seconds or so of a race. My bad.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Moving a massive post about vinyls here to save clogging up threads (my bad)

StabMasterArson posted:

If anyone could give me any tips to make it, that'd be appreciated

NOW WITH IMAGES!

To start with I'd lay down the background colours. I think tears 37/39 would do well for the basic outline of them. I tend to use 1 big shape for the general shape of what I want, then fill in the edges. Then I'd fill around the edges a little with some of the paint splats. This image is made up of 4 layers, Tear 39 for green, 37 for yellow. Then one of each for red after rotating them and changing the size, that way you get the same style of vinyl only without looking identical.

For illustrative purposes I've made the layers new to this image a lighter colour so you can see what I did.
At the top of the green section you can see the background behind the paint. To get this I would make the main green shape have a missing section there, then fill it in with a shape that has lots of transparent bits. For patterns like that I would use the tyre marks (racing icons 21-30), that way it shows the transparacy through to whatever colour car you put it on. I'd also use quite a few of paint splats 39/40 to which are speckley and work well for blending edges or making things look like they have overspray and such.

Then I make sure everythings grouped up nicley. Usually I have them grouped by colour, if nothing else it makes it easier to change colours later on if its grouped. EDIT: Note, don't group all of it by colour obviously or things will be ontop of other things that you don't want them to be ontop of. If you know what I mean.

Now onto the text, first thing is since this will be a custom-font job, you want to make the letters flat, no spin. handle all that stuff last. Lets get started.

(M1 = standard letter, M2 = additions highlighted in white, M3 = Finished letter)
First start with a standard letter from the shapes that best matchs your font. So Letters 1 in this case. Stick a rectangle shape at each left corner, matching the size of your own font. Then I'd use Primitive 29 for the rounded bits which help blend your rectangles into the existing letter. You can consider skipping this step if you're only using the texture in a smaller place, thus saving a few layers on a detail nobody would notice.

Also, don't be afraid to work BIG. I usually do a rough calculation of grid space:letters and work on them at the biggest size I can. If you need more room you can always work on the roof of a BMW MINI. Its handy that way too if you need to flip any shapes.

Don't forget to copy the first corner you do, then simpley rotate it or flip it to save you re-doing it for each corner and letter :)

Some letters will be a nightmare, such as our good buddy Mr R here! He's got a fancy curve at the bottom which means you'll probly need to create the entire letter yourself. But don't fret! Dissasemble the basic shape of the R.Its got 1 rectangle up, 2 across and a semi-circle at the end of those, we'll ignore its fancy leg for a second. So make up your rectangles and semi circle in a different colour than the existing R (for contrast, so you can "trace" the letter effectivley). R1 shows how it should look (colours just for show). Now copy over your fancy bits from another letter and you're almost done! R2 Shows the same P with fancy bits added from previous letter. Its worth noting that with hindsight, we could have just started by using a letter P to save on layers, doh!

Now for its fancy leg. Break it down to shapes. At the bottom is a semi-circle again, which has a little rectangle sticking up on the right hand side. The rest of the leg would be 2/3 layers of Primitive 29 again. See R3 for finished product. Trouble is Mr R is now 15 layers tall, all for a single letter. So try and be efficient and use letters sparingly. Or at least thats my philosophy, I hate being just a few layers shy of what I need when doing a paint job. (edit: again, layers could be greatly reduced by starting with a P!)

Next is the bordering. This can be a pain and consume layers like you wouldnt belive. Sometimes if you're lucky simpley making a copy of the entire letter and scaling it to 110% then pasting it behind your old letter will do. Other times if your letter is just a couple of layers you can pull a cheap n dirty:

1: make a copy of your font
2:select the lower one, change its colour to something you can see. Now...
3: press up on the D-pad 5 times (or however many you need to make a noticable border. Now press Y and you have stamped "north".
Press right on the D-pad the same number of times, press Y and you have stamped north east. Then down again and stamp for East... you get the picture. Usually afterwards you'll have a nice clean border, but its cheap, quick and layer hungry. The Middle R is the one made using this trick. Its 120 layers, for a single letter. Granted that could be greatly reduced by starting with a P but still. This trick produced nice borders but eats up layers.

The BEST way to make borders is to make a copy, scale it up slighlty in size and them manualy adjust each layer till it looks right. This is a pain and very time consuming, but if the letter has alot of layers its often the only way. The R on the right of the image shows this method, as you can see its a little rough as I didn't have the time to fine-tune it. But its only 30 layers without trying to optimise it at all!.

Then lastly is just to weather it! So grab some more of those nice paint splats and tears and go to town!

I'm unfortunatly a failure when it comes to making reaslistic people though, so as far as making the actual can goes...I dunno, break it down in to basic shapes and use gradients for the shading. But it'll be a big job I think.

I've written all of this as I did a quick whip-up in the vinyl editor, so if you shoot me a friend invite (or anyone else too who wants to play along) I'll gift you what I've made using my techniques and you can deconstruct it to better understand how to do it. My GT is "Captain Hair57"

Hope this was of some help :)

EDIT: Added a few images and revised a few things. Hopefully this'll make things a little less imtimidating for people. Wish I had a capture card, could have knocked up a video tutorial in half an hour!

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 24, 2011

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

God yeah a metro would be great. Did you know, they're the first car to have assymetric folding rear seats? They're also basicly a square Mini. My mums old metro (rotting on the drive currently, bless it) did 45k without changing the oil, unless someone did it at MOT time without billing us (highly unlikley).

Its also got cheap "turbo" stickers on the boot, people keep knocking on the door asking if they can buy the engine out of it for their Mini.

I'm hoping theres enough demand for british cars that one day they'll make a classic british car pack, I hope :ohdear:

Also, bring back caravan racing from super skidmarks 2 on the Amiga! IT had a Mini, Turn10, why don't you?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Appriciate the invites, but I could hardly even stay connected to live nevermind the forza servers, connection was terrible most of the day :(

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Jarf posted:

e: also, this is definitely the furthest I have gone on two wheels without tipping the car over. I had it balanced like that until I hit the kerb on the next corner which righted my car and let me carry on.

I did almost exactly the same thing when I first got F3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFBFCnUK7E

Aaaah memories... can't wait to try out the new DLC tonight.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Putting RWD on the Lamborghini Aventador lowers the rating to S class.

You can also get away with using some heavy wheels, rear spoiler, full cage and full Diff to get it to 700 without losing AWD.

Tempted to go the RWD route instead, that way you can fit stuff to make it better, rather than slower.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

we can group cars?!?! :aaa:

I wish I'd have known about this sooner, no matter how clunky and slow it is, I'm gonna re-catagorise all my cars. Honestly all I want is to be able to separate my cars into finished/tuned/painted/stock folders so that I know which ones I've gotten trackworthy or not. The reward cars now completley screw me up because it auto-upgrades which makes me think I've sorted it.

AND ANOTHER THING as much as I love this game, I'm kinda pissed at career mode. I'm 99% certain we were told that "you pick the car and the season mode picks the track". That to me said that it would let us chose which class or hell even which car we want to race in. But thats not the case, career mode made me skip C-class almost entirley and now its trying to shoehorn me into doing R class races when a minute ago I was in A/B.

Several times I've not even had a car that qualifies for any of the races it gives me and I've had to go out and buy/tune just to get the race over with.

The AI is crap too, I'm not the best driver, but I always win. Only time I've come 2nd/3rd is in manufacturer races where there is a specific model thats much faster than my own.

Usually I'm first by the end of lap 1 and stay that way the entire race without issues. Theres just no challange in it. Oh and why is simulation damage always forced off in career? Its just so contradictory, it forces me into higher classes of racing, but only allows cosmetic damage.

Its still incredible fun and I'm having a real blast, but theres quite a few niggles about world tour that kinda sour it for me :(

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Day Man posted:

I've definitely been using full simulation damage for my whole world tour, though.

If you want better AI, race in the event list where you can manually set their difficulty.

Oh really? Sweet, I'll go check those later then, playing with damage off always bugged me.

And yeah, you can go into events list. But then I feel sad for not playing World Tour mode and missing out on bonus money/XP (unless you get bonuses in event list too?).

I wonder if tuning my cars to be 50pi or so less would help makes races closer. Still though, the pack spreads out kinda thin in longer races so it'd still be me Vs only 2 other drivers. I havn't actually even looked at event list, so I'll have a look at it and see what its like.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

TravBot posted:

I'm still hoping that someone with much more artistic talent than myself comes up with some sort of livery based on this logo:

Preferably, focusing on the purple and orange more than the green, and preferably on a fun car (Datsun 510, Fairlady Z, BMW 2002, or similar). Willing to pay good Forza Fun Bucks for it.

I tried my best, but I couldn't manage it. I'll give it another go sometime, but the shading is making it tricky to keep layers down. I'll let you know if I get anywhere further :)

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

TravBot posted:

Thank you for trying! It's the (tiny) company I work for, so I'm hoping to see it on a car, but just don't have an eye for anything artistic.

Finally figured out how to make the drat elephant, its at 200 layers though and will be closer to 300 when finished. Plus theres still the custom font and the bean, so chances are it'll be quite a basic livery aside from the coffee logo.

If you add me (Captain Hair57) I'll send you over the vinyl when I finish it, that way its unlocked incase you ever wanna stick it on something else. :)

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 5, 2011

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

TravBot posted:

Afraid I couldn't do anymore with the font, but hopefuly this will do :)

Comes in at a nice and tidy 300 layers, which is useable I think. Custom font would probably take up another 300 but I'm afraid I lack the effort to takle it right now.

I sent the unlocked vinyl and a quick knockup of a BMW 2002 design with it on, its not great but its unlocked so you can fiddle with it.

If you still wanna pay, I accept any random car, even if its a PT cruiser or some crap. :)

EDIT: I think I'm gonna have fun placing this elephant places:

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 6, 2011

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Man, this months DLC is pretty sweet. Hopefully it can pull me away from Skyrim, I feel like I've hardly touched on F4, only raced online once!

Of course, racing online is kind of lonely to me, as no combination of controls/headsets work and I end up blasting static at everyone :(

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Finally got a go of the latest DLC last night, after downloading it about 6 times from the stupid marketplace. It just didn't want to register.

I've got a question about DLC, I activated all the codes that came with my game, but for some reason I don't have the fancy Tesla? Just the normal one. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, that escort! That goddamn incredible escort. I turned it upto D-class and lapped everything on the track, then up to C-class and lapped everything on the track, then B-class and game 7th, what gives? Its still a beast, I've having trouble getting it to go sideways as its got massive understeer but by the nine divines once it goes sideways it flys along as if thats how its supposed to be driven!

The Alfa is pretty sweet too, as is the Fiero. Havn't had time to race any more of them but drat is it a good pack.

I still wish they would patch the AI to be harder in career, first place after first place and not a single challenge to any race. Only thing I can think of it to make it artificially harder by turning off more assists. But then when I learn to be good without those assists its gonna be even easier to win, so meh.

Also the "I'm under pressure from the car behind, better spin out" is still lame as hell. It looks more like their gas pedal gets glued to the floor and they just fly off the track. I'd prefer it if they were just more likley to get 2 wheels on the grass, giving you a chance to pass, rather than them just flying off like a spazz.

I find myself really struggling, as I've just not got the time to drive every single one of these beautiful old muscle cars, but I MUST, they're just so pretty...

Sharing the game engine with another dev team could lead to some pretty sweet things, god what I would give for a Forza PC edition. Hell I'd subscribe if it was a subscription thingey.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

General Probe posted:

I think you are a bit confused, there is only 1 Tesla. Where did you get the idea there was a "fancy" one too.

Oh, balls. I thought that the game came with one by default and that one of the car packs was supposed to add a different version, my mistake I guess!

Yeah... I always end up bitching about the AI in career, I've started doing more event-list stuff now. Which is great, because not only is the AI better but I can actually have more than 1 race without having to switch cars. Nothing bugs me more than DLC coming out, I tune a sweet new car, then hop onto career mode to find out the only races it gives me are 2 classes above/below what I have.

I also wish Skyrim had never come out, its consuming my soul and Forza playtime.

I really should give these pubby lobbies a go, I STILL havn't tried car football yet!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Holy poo poo the classic Sirocco is awesome!

full cam upgrade and close-ratio gearbox, driving it sounds like this: "braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap *shift* BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!"

Most fun I've had in a long while, it also seems to massively outclass AI, even on very hard :(

EDIT: Wait a second... is the Suzuki 4X thing purposely made useless? There's not enough upgrades to bring it upto class and the only thing to reduce Pi is slapping ugly-rear end DUBS on it, which still leaves it only 2 Pi away from being R2. Its so close to being able to be super useful, but all its good for is doing a few laps for fun. If I'd known I wouldn't have spent my last mil on it :(

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 17, 2011

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

I've been doing alot of liveries lately, I was wondering if anyone knows of any good storefronts or words to search for classic vinyls? I'm exhausted the use of my own and using the in-game ones is pretty crap because of weird restrictions.

That classic racing series really really makes me want to keep make old-rear end cars into racing versions. Speaking of which, cars I have driven recently:

Fiat Abarth 131: Incredible in the corners, but slow as rear end. Its been my favorite season-play car because in the long straights its ended up being a drafting competition, then I pull back ahead in the corners.

That grey GT40 racing car: What the hell is up with its gears? 80mph in first gear? Then an explosion of gear changes into 6th? I don't understand it, but I'm sure theres a decent tuning to sort it out.

Classic Lamborghini Miura: Feels like its on drag tyres, entire car shakes and sways when the revs go up. Still and incredible drive.

RS200: Has this car been "fixed" since F3? I remember it used to be my go-to car for winning because the acceleration was incredible. Now its kinda sluggish but still good.

Suzuki Pikes Peak: I still think it sucks balls. I guess in a 1-model only race it'd be fine though.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

I'm happy enough with the pack, disappointed there's no MG in like the rumoured list. If only because adding a British car raises the chance of them putting a Mini in :(

All in all there's only 1 car I'd never drive in the pack and a couple that I'd drive the poo poo out of. There was sooooooo many of those fiats around here, can't wait to drive that one. Older Alfa is sweet too.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

The End posted:

Recipe for hilarity

1 x Ford Pinto

Take Ford Pinto and drop in V8 Mustang engine.

Drive.

Laugh like a drain as the thing spins its wheels for the entire race.

Sir I accept your challenge!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Its not yours I'm afraid, the MOON vinyl is one of the only ones I've made.

But yeah if anyone wants it add me at "Captain Hair57" and I'll send it over, it'll be a bit more bare as some company logos aren't mine, but if I send it it'll be unlocked thus you can stick your own on (and your own number). :)

I've spent all night on forza and somehow only used the pinto... I need to mess around with the Alfa next.

EDIT: VVV Brew Dog beers and Karma Coffee are on almost all my cars nowadays :)

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 7, 2012

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

EDIT: Oh you fucker ^^^ same video too.

This should help! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAw79386WI

So now lets imagine a bitchin camaro, supercharged and with just zillions of tourque. When you do a sweet burnout your wheels spin with lack of traction. The diff trys to balance is out by slowing down the wheel that has grip on the road so that your car slows down and the spinning wheel can get some grip itself.

Essentially this means an open (standard) diff will slow down your 1 wheel to give the opposite wheel grip. Which means you waste some of your power in favour of grip.

Now with a locked diff both wheels spin at full power at all times, regardless of grip. So its max power and zero grip. So in the sweet burnout when one of the wheels loses grip the wheel WITH grip will keep on going, making your car veer off to the side.

So for the most part its a power Vs grip balance.

Where the diff settings come in with Forza is that it lets you choose just how much grip must be lost on 1 wheel before the diff kicks in and slows the other wheel down.

Another thing to consider is that if a wheel is off the group it has no grip, meaning the diff will slow down your other wheel. So if you go over the rumble strips your wheel bounces up and down making your diff go on/off/on/off over and over, slowing you down. With a locked diff the wheel NOT on the rumble strip will keep going at full power meaning you lose less speed.

Then the more advanced options let you choose when the diff kicks in for braking and acceleration seperatly.

Personally I tend not to mess with them, but why not try a few laps of maple with the diff locked/unlocked and you should get a feel for the difference.

Alternativley, what I posted is a load of bollocks and perhaps more confusing than need be. I'm pretty sure on a Mini engine the final drive has nothing to do with the diff so I'm out of my depth a bit here.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Alright, time to whore-out some of the things on my storefront :)

1: Classic Sirocco, rat look with Karma Coffee primary sponsor.

Supdercharged Death Camaro, my loyal beastie

Benson & Hedges GOLD Datsun

Karma Coffee Pinto

Rat look "NO PARKING" Rabbit and "POLICE LINE" BMW

And Rusty Slammington

They're all up on the storefront (Captain Hair57) and tagged with lljk for ease of finding. Searching for Karma Coffee probly finds it too. Anyway they're all there for 50k each I think. And if any goons want them unlocked its no problem either, just send a message (text not audio please) to my xbox thingamajig.

Anyone else care to share anything they have on their stores?

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

So I was going to make the fiat top gear POLIZIA livery but turns out a perfect one is already on the storefront, now I'm left knowing not what to do with myself.

So, does anyone know of any good classic racing liveries websites that have pictures good enough to make vinyls off of? All I'm finding is low-res stuff that only tends to show 1 side of a car. I guess I could just make up stuff too, but I thought I'd ask incase anyone has any good suggestions as though I'm decent with the vinyl editor I'm pretty poor at full racing-look liveries and need imspiration :(

• Locked thread