Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Falken posted:

Exactly why you should buy other sound equipment. :v:

I didnt realise how easy it was, so I'll do it too, and immediately remove the paintjob.

By the way, I can't actually play Forza properly for a while because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EsewhyGDO8

:(

I hope Fanatec actually do something other than tell me to take my wheel apart.
I had that happen to mine and if its the same issue its a quick fix. the problem was that the metal shaft that the sensor reads was loose and as you pushed the pedal down it would rotate with the pedal instead of staying put and giving the sensor a baseline reading. All you need is a small allen key or something like that to tighten the set screw that locks the shaft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

drat that's weird that it would work fine on PC but not xbox, sounds like some issue with the pcb that only involves the xbox protocols. In addition to sending support an email you might want to post the issue on 911wheel blog, someone there might have had this happen before and know a quick fix.

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Well my friend had a faulty ps/2 cable that came with his standard pedals, it had erratic brake engagement on his standard pedals and my clubsports. I suppose you used a usb cable on the pc?

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Highly recommended if you can pull it. I don't get how they took the 9.5 of the Porsche Wheels and turned it up to 13, companies today don't do that often.

I'm now really interested to see what accessories they've got planned to attach onto the front of this thing. At least I assume that's what all the allen bolts on the front face are for. Who knows!

I was marginal about this new rim and had been planning on looking into the replacements when those get announced, but after using it I'm won over. It isn't full leather/alcantara, but the natural grip placement seems better suited to long driving sessions - it allows your hands to be just a little bit lower than on the Porsche wheel, which seems to cause less stress (to my wrists at least.) The rubber covering on the rim is really nicely put together and smooth so I'm not really missing the leather yet.

The thumbstick is a million times better than the clunky D-pad of the previous setup. No longer is it a pain scrolling those lengthy car lists/option sets.
How is the ffb in 900 degree mode when drifting? does it quickly autorotate with the tires torque alignment? My 911 S is quite slow in that area and my only real complaint with the wheel.

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

GhostDog posted:

I drive with simulation steering. I tried going back to normal, but it feels like that does more than just help with spin recovery, the cars just feel livelier under sim steering. Although maybe that's just self-deception. 270 degrees and sim steering also does the trick, but it seems like as long as I avoid spinning out, the added fine control under 900 degrees gets me faster lap times. I'll play around with it some more, mabye 540 is a workable compromise.
The game currently has a messed up linearity curve if you use any rotation over 270, I find 900 degrees pretty good but if you start going lower like 540 it is easier to countersteer I guess but gets crazy sensitive near the wheel center. I use 900 and I'd bump your DRI setting up to 3-4 and your FFB to 100 (decrease it in game if you want to) this will help the wheel autorotate in a slide so you can sort of let the wheel find its own angle then catch it like a real car.

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Day Man posted:

Is there an update for the PWTS yet? I cannot drive at all since the patch. Like, cars that I used to love, I am unable to complete a lap without spinning. I tried turning the sensitivity down, I tried changing the tune on the cars, nothing. I guess I'm just a terrible driver that learned the old physics model which was wrong, and now I'm hosed.

Spending the hours it's going to take to change whatever loving habit I developed that is causing me to crash now is a really daunting task that I really don't want to do. UGH
Are you just having issues with correcting a slide? There is the linearity issue right now but if you play at 900 degrees of steering then the biggest change is how you need to countersteer, thing is its pretty close to reality (a bit harder than reality atm) so its best to learn how to do it proper and its probably not too hard for you to change the habits if you know what needs to be changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Hello Spaceman posted:

Earlier I was playing some Forza. Well, I got an invite on IRC so I fired up my Xbox manually, popped in the Forza disc (after having played DiRT3) and then switched on the wheel.
I noticed that I'd left a controller plugged in, so when I started Forza it said my profile was already signed in. I forced a sign out and then used the wheel (since it was on controller port 2) to sign in.

After signing in I went to the guide menu and accepted the invite I'd been sent, which was followed by the usual "select save device" rigmarole.

The reason I'm detailing exactly what I did?

Because in the three races I had, after all of the above, I had a very different steering experience to what I've had before. The wheel was in 450-degree mode and my inputs on the wheel were 1:1 with what was going on in the game. I had to actually cross hands when taking hairpin bends, and even regular bends on the tracks required significantly more steering input. It was perfectly linear and extremely smooth - I didn't spin out and could easily dial in opposite lock.

A huge contrast compared to the weird sensitivity/mapping when playing with the wheel all other times. I switched off and tried replicating this, to no avail. I'll try again tomorrow to see if I have any luck.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Do a google search for Fanatec 900 degree glitch or something like that and you will find the method to reproduce it. It is 1:1 however the reason for that is that in this mode the xbox is fooled into thinking you are using an MS wheel so it takes 270 degrees and streches it out to whatever rotation you have your wheel set at. End result is that you need to use alot more steering input than is realistic to make even simple turns, at 450 degrees you should never need to hand over hand steer and at 900 degrees its even worse.

• Locked thread