Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

Z3n posted:

Id love to have some guys to compete with on my friends list...GT: Z3n85
Aw poo poo. Dunno if you remember me from early on in the track days/race CA thread (SV650 at the time). 2-wheeler's Forza club?

Added those who've posted their gamertags so far.

GT: Turb0snail I will race anything, just need the drat game to come out!

T-Square fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I'll take an LF-A if you're still throwing them out there, I have the Stig Pack whatever the gently caress. Seeing as I detail an LF-A on a regular basis, but will probably get yelled at for sitting in it :negative:
GT: Turb0snail

T-Square
May 14, 2009

First thing I did was powerslide the poo poo out of the 1M Coupe on the follow-through at the TopGear track. Mostly by accident. But it was so perfect.

Also, in World Tour. BMW 2002 Turbo Spec Races!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7cYbSKw8A

:smug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Anyone with a Fanatec wheel having problems with the ABS? I can't get mine to turn off-I have ABS off in-game, and ABS off on the wheel (also tried turning it down to the lowest setting besides off on the wheel) yet I can still mash the pedal and the wheels won't lock-up. Thoughts?

Also, I would love to get down on this Datsun racing, either the 510 series you guys are running, or whatever Sunday Punch had in mind. Details?

GT-Turb0snail

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jabs posted:

Come one, come all to the first of (N >= 1) Thursday Endurance Races!

*snip*

I think I'd be interested. How long are you thinking for race length?

Edit: \/\/ Durr, I'm special. I'm in.

Edit 2: Besides the stop and go penalties, are you thinking of having a mandatory pit-stop during the race? I doubt the cars will burn through enough fuel/tires to warrent one on its own. Is there even a way to tell if someone has made a pit stop?

T-Square fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 9, 2011

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Now that is just silly.

Edit: Just tested it, the car really isn't fast enough for aero, especially with the race tires it just sticks anyways. Loud as gently caress exhaust though. With Wedsports its C304 class.

I put everything on that's allowed, including the front wing and I'm at C415 with BBS RS-GTs.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Minimaul posted:

Oh, just got gifted from T10 a Forza 4 painted 458 Italia. Already had a non-painted one from the import though (also got duplicate rx7). Give me something I don't already have!

That, and it has a lower PI than the stock one?

Edit: drat new page. Have this thing again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7cYbSKw8A

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jabs posted:

Huh.
What am I missing?
I come up with a limit of C385 with the (correct) street exhaust and only C404 with the (typo) Sport exhaust. I have to put on the Race Intake to get to C415.
Race Oil Cooling
Street Brakes
Race Springs and Dampers
Race/Stock F/R bars
Full Cage
Race weight reduction.
Street Clutch
Race Diff and transmission
Lightweight wheels (but not the lightest)
No Aero.

Hmm. Maybe I had an intake on it from earlier, I'll have to check when I get home tonight. I think I might have a sport exhaust too, so Ill have to change that

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Logue posted:

Yeah, I was surprised when you did that. A 1 hour race and you made a risky overtake move on the first corner.....

Like I said just before green, everyone knows races are always won on the first corner :v:

...actually I take back my sarcasm on that one. Because you did win from the first corner :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jabs posted:

Yeah... I saw in the OP that GTCC has a standing Wednesday Night thing, which is why I moved it in the first place. :suicide:

Wednesday it is!

Awesome, I didn't think this would turn out to be a weekly thing, let alone having a points total. Really happy you moved it to Wednesdays as well, now I don't have to skip wings and beer night to play video games with internet people!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jabs, are you going to give us a track yet? I don't mean to come off like a jerk, but multiple people have been asking and we haven't heard an answer yet

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jabs posted:

I think it's going to be at Silverstone GP (the long one). I don't much like Silverstone, but it's not, like, Motegi. :barf:

Sweet, I like Silverstone :shobon: I'll be on.

Edit: I can't tune this car for poo poo. Can I blame it on the sport tires, or do I just suck? Lotsa lift-off oversteer.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 17, 2011

T-Square
May 14, 2009

jadebullet posted:

I am so loving pissed right now. I wait for a loving week, looking forward to this drat spec race, and what happens? I get loving disconnected from the game on lap motherfucking 2.

Fake edit: and while watching the race, it looks like another person has been disconnected from the game. What type of BS is this Microsoft!

That would be me. I was starting to get all excited what with just starting to battle with irishledgend and thinking about when I should pit, then I get dropped halfway through the second lap :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I'm not sure I like the track selection for the last half of GoonSpec "season 1" but count me in for Wednesday anyway. Sorry I couldn't make it last week!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Irish Legend posted:

Thanks for the comments guys, makes up for me getting stuck behind everyone on the inevitable first turn wreck, and considering I was at a 50 PI disadvantage, Ill take third I guess. I was catching those drat evo's at the end, just ran out of time.

Hey man, I was the one who got the rear-end make-over. It was a great race though, you and Boaz started to catch up at the end and started making me nervous. I have to say, I really like the manditory pit-stop, I like having to choose a pit strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

The race was pretty fun. Most everyone had really cool paint schemes, though I just kind of slapped some numbers and logos on near the end because I had no clue what real ones looked like. I ended up a good bit behind everyone else, somewhat due to bad driving, but also my car decided to hurl itself off the straight for some reason around lap 4 or 5 and then I had a catastrophic feline attack in real life near the end. I'd definitely be up for having another go at it next week though.

I'm assuming you have the replay saved? Can you put it up on your storefront and let me know your gamertag? I want to take some pictures of the action up front.

• Locked thread