Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

the_worm_ posted:

So has Rampage set a time yet? If there is an easy way to search the leaderboards I can't figure it out. Their thread on Facebook says he ran a dirty 1:53.885. That would seem to go along with his gamercard on Forza that only shows him as a level 1, Gamercard
I guess it will be an easy unicorn for everyone.

I wasn't expecting a record time or anything, but he couldn't even be bothered to set a clean lap? Pff, charming.

I doubt they're giving out unicorn cars for this challenge though, last month's KotT prize was the Pagani from the DLC pack. Most likely the prize for this one will be his ugly looking blingmobile, since no sane person would spend even imaginary money on that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

General Probe posted:

The way I see it he's going to set a more serious time in the near future, at least that's how I interpreted the last blog post. Also 2 cars are given out for every KotT event. 1 from the most recent DLC pack just for participating (requires you to have bought that DLC) and 1 Unicorn for beating the posted celebrity time.

Huh, guess I misunderstood the way they had it set up. Plus I didn't get a car for participating even though I went back to it a few times to try for a better time, but could be they just haven't finished sending them all out yet. I know the VIP cars can take a few days to fully make the rounds.

Either way, I guess I'll keep coming back because no way am I going to have 90 million to try and snipe an M3 GTR out of the auction house, so monthly challenges seem to be my only hope for now.

General Probe posted:

So I'm guessing at some point he'll tell T10 that that's the best he can do and have it posted as his official time. The blog post also mentions the DLC reward is the New Audi R18 and the Unicorn is the '69 Camaro SS which VIP's already received a few days ago as part of a facebook poll.

Oh. Well never mind then! Guess I'll just go back to Ferrari collecting.

Scirocco Griffon fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 3, 2012

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

General Probe posted:

I'm not certain Rampage will go set a better time I'm just suspecting it, since it's clear he has done the challenge at least once, it's just the way T10 worded it in their post about KotT and that they would amend the relevant one to include his time leads me to suspect that he hasn't set a hard time yet.

It's not so much that, as it is that I already have the Camaro and couldn't care less about another R1 Audi. No sense busting my rear end for things I don't need, right?

Ringo R posted:

Screw this cold winter. I'm buying an Xbox and Forza 4 to lock myself in and not come out again until spring. Is the 4GB slim model enough to install the game on? I mean put the game on the HDD so it doesn't need to read the disc all the time.

The 4 GB model is pretty useless unless you only play Live Arcade games every other month or something. The 250 GB without Kinect isn't that much more expensive and you'll get a lot more mileage out of it.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm all about the Alfa's and after barely making an appearance in 3, I'm glad they're coming out in force this time around. There have been Alfa's in pretty much every car pack, so I'm glad that people out there in the community (and hopefully in this thread) share my love.

I wish they'd include more vintage Alfa's though. The GTA and Montreal are fantastic cars.

An Alfasud Sprint would be pretty cool to tinker around with.

Granted they'd need to find one that hasn't rusted into oblivion by now, not easy since most of them had rust spots by the time they hit the dealers thanks to a stupid decision to use ungalvanized metal for the body.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

Ahhh, the 70's. :allears:

(and chunks of the 80's)

From orange carpet to disco to cars that rolled off the lot with rust, there wasn't much they did right back then.

There have been entire books written about the automotive industry during the mid '70s to early '80s, and how pretty much everyone across the globe was cocking up left and right. Heck, just looking at how much damage British Leyland did to the UK auto market over the years is kinda shocking in itself.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

And yet the 50's and 60's weren't nearly as notorious for shoddy quality, and they didn't have any fancy computers either. :colbert:

There was some serious problems in the 70's, which was really bad news for high school kids in the 80's because it meant every single car in the parking lot was a hollowed out piece of poo poo.

I think it was mostly a double whammy of the oil crisis forcing car companies to try and cut costs anywhere they could, and more importantly the concept of planned obsolescence really kicking in. Cars just weren't being designed to serve as a family investment that lasted for years anymore.

And on another note, I'm not sure if this is a bug or it happens in the real car but once you've gone past the top speed on the Omni GLHS's speedometer, instead of stopping at 85mph it just keeps on going around, which is hilarious. Also that car is a lot more fun when you do an RWD swap on it.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Hello Spaceman posted:

*I'm hesitant to suggest something like an advanced damage system where part of your budget is maintaining the car. It's been tried in some games and feels like a grind, but it worked well as a time/repairs trade-off in the first Colin McRae games.

Maybe a long-term damage system where even though repairs are made, gradually over time the car starts becoming more and more easily wrecked if you keep smashing it up. GRID kindasorta did this if you bought used race cars in career mode; you would have three options with different amounts of terminal crashes recorded. The more terminal crashes a car had the cheaper it would be to buy, but it would also be more fragile. So hitting a tire wall at 50mph in a car with 0 crashes might mess up the steering and bodywork some, but the same impact in a car with 4 or 5 crashes would probably total it and end your race right there.

In Forza terms, it could probably take the form of a damage multiplier that increases the more the "CR spent on repairs" stat goes up. By the time the repair costs got close to the value of the car you'd either have to treat it like you were driving on eggshells or just get rid of it and pony up the cash for another one.

It would probably be a lot less tolerable in practice than it sounds in my head, though.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I've thought about this, and in multiplayer it makes sense, but against the A.I.? It's not like you're going to continue with the race unless you placed first in the pole anyways. It's to difficult to make competitive A.I. where there is actually a chance you might not place first.

Qualifying doesn't make a lot of sense in races where the cars all have wildly different PI ratings, but I'd at least like to see qualifying for the R3/R2/R1 races so that I can get ahead of the idiot AI all jamming their brakes in turn 1, trying desperately to get onto the racing line because they're incapable of running anywhere else on the track but there.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Yeah, World Tour mode is there to make the game more accessible to new players who would be scared off by a giant list of events and no idea where to start with them. It doesn't have anything special to it other than giving you a 100% credit bonus per race on top of all the difficulty bonuses.

JaysonAych posted:

If you look closely, you'll see the sticker that adorns the real-life GLHS. Since the speedo is a holdover from the proposed legislation to require 85 MPH speedometers, it was sold with a sticker that gets placed on the bottom edge reading, "95, 105, 115..."

In Forza, it does finally peg when it swings back around to 5.

Ah, circumventing the federal speedometer. Shoulda guessed. That's a bit of a shame though, I was hoping that if you got going fast enough and slammed the brakes it would spin around superfast like a clock in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. (Yes I am immature like that.)

Scirocco Griffon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 4, 2012

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

azflyboy posted:

Does anyone know if Forza 4 models the effects of movable aerodynamic parts for generating downforce?

I was playing around with the Huayra yesterday, and was wondering if part of the reason it handles fairly badly (at least relative to the Zondas) is due to the fact that Forza doesn't model the effects of the movable flaps that the actual car uses to help generate downforce during cornering.

Probably not, but then again the Cinque is a barely road legal race car that's had ten years of tweaking and adjusting and racetrack testing to cover its defects, whereas the Huayra is brand new and not a pure track car. I think most of the PI rating for the Huayra is coming from the massive power output.

I'm also not sure what tires the Huayra come with a stock, but if it's anything less than the sports tires then it's going to feel like a heavy pig in the corners no matter what. 700+ lb-ft of torque is hard for anything to deal with.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

So I decided to give the blinged out Bentley Conti GT a spin to see just how much they screwed it up, and immediately noticed that under braking the car won't turn much and makes a shuddering sound like you were driving over rumble strips. It wasn't till I looked down and saw the tach jittering everywhere that I realized the front tires were rubbing on the insides of the wheel wells.

The best part is that it costs more than twice as much as the SuperSport, which is better in every concievable way.

Rampage's Challenger seems to handle surprisingly decent, most likely because of the fat as hell rear tires and wider stance, but I think the car as the same gearing and brakes as a stock Chally which sort of cancels it out. Might be a worthwhile tuner project if anyone can be bothered.

Also, the 787b sounds utterly amazing, especially going through a tunnel.

Scirocco Griffon fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 7, 2012

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

That feature badly needs to be in Forza! That's one of the few things I feel is missing from making the game pure perfection.

I would love to have a proper racing version of a CTS-V again, instead of just a road car with a giant spoiler tacked on. And considering putting racing bodies on otherwise boring cars was one of the best parts of Gran Turismo 1 and 2, it'd be great to see how Forza could take it to another level.

And speaking of aero, I noticed the '95 Mustang has all the necessary parts to make it look exactly like all those crappy V6 automatics you still see on the road. That more or less confirms my suspicions that they only put that car in because of the body style.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

NA Versa still at 1.6L in S Class...does not compute.

This reminds me... I'm really hoping that they manage to put the Nissan Juke-R in the game at some point. It's pretty much the real-world equivalent of what we do with cars in Forza.

Heck, even if they put in a stock Juke, gave it conversion options for AWD and the GT-R engine and added in the aero bits that would be awesome as hell.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

This is so stupid, it's awesome. I, like those supposed sheiks, need this in my life.

I think my favorite part about it is how Nissan's top people in Japan didn't even know about it until it hit YouTube, and then promptly cussed out Nissan Europe because they were worried that people were going to just start chopping up GT-Rs left and right to do things like this. And then after it was finished they were like "Well, since you went ahead and built it I guess we'll have to support it".

And now there's enough real demand that Nissan says they might actually consider a limited run of a couple hundred officially built ones.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Puddin posted:

I know that all these top end cars should cost a lot of in game credits but I really hate having to grind to purchase them all.

I mean 20 million for the 250 TR? Really? I only upgrade cars once I hit affinity 4 and sure I may have bought a few cars here and there but I'm yet to crack 3 million since launch.

Granted I don't play a lot everyday but it would be nice to earn more money. Currently on tier 7. I guess I could race the higher class races but the lower classes are much more fun.

20 million? It's only 8 million (only being completely relative of course). The 250 GTO is the most expensive car in the game at 10 million. Plus you really don't need them to complete the game, they're mostly there for collecting/status purposes.

Also once your driver level goes above 50 the game will be giving you ridiculous amounts of reward money for leveling up. Somewhere in the order of 200,000+ credits per level if I remember correctly. You don't have to penny-pinch to get expensive cars really, just have fun with cars you like and eventually you'll have obscene amounts of money without really realizing it.

Plus if you check the auction house at the right time you can find some at a cut rate when somebody offloads all the duplicates they "won". I snagged a 250 GTO for half price out of a lot of like 9 of them posted all at once between three different people. The amount of work people go through to launder duped cars in this game is hilarious.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The large sums of money stops once you get to level 150 though, and affinity experience comes pretty slowly; which sucks, because there are about 4000 affinity levels total, spread out across all of the manufacturers. If you want a large garage, the grind will take a while.

Not really. Unless you're playing Ferrarimon (gotta buy 'em all!) like me or buying multiple copies of the same car for gifting or whatever reason, you'll have more than you know what to do with pretty quickly. Plus just doing rivals mode pays well since you still get experience and credits like a normal race on top of whatever bounties you do collect. Even just farting around in a multiplayer room full of AI drivers for an hour or so usually leaves me with 200,000+ credits more than I started with, plus whatever affinity bonuses.

Plus you can take prize cars you don't want, ring up a few easy wins with them and then flip them on the auction house for a fair amount too. Some people will buy anything at a premium if it's tuned to the top of a class and has a lot of wins attached to it.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

azflyboy posted:

How do you manage that? Every time I've done rivals, I only end up earning about 30-50k per race.

You have to go fairly high up the leaderboards. I think the very top times have a bounty of 150,000.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Rickets posted:

warning: this will shorten your lifespan significantly as you will spend most of your time intensely hating the guy who consistently posts just slightly faster lap times than you

:smug: "Oh heh, that guy is just .003 seconds faster than my time. I'm sure I can shave that off without any problem. Easiest 50,000 credits ever!"

(40 laps and three restarts later...)

:shepicide: "Well... I got 50,000 credits from trying to beat this guy's time at least..."

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That thing's a big fat pig. Brake way early. WAY early. Then gradually power through. It'll help you find your cornering speeds. Once you get that figured out, you can start pushing back your braking points. I ran a 1:4something.something. It'll take a few laps, but you can definitely beat his time.

Everything after the corkscrew seems to be the most vital area of the track for keeping your speed up, especially getting the proper line off that final turn so you can build as much speed as possible heading to the line. It definitely takes some practice though, I just barely managed to get 1:46.9xx after a dozen or so laps of working on those last few turns.

It's pretty amusing that my standing start lap was almost a whole second faster than Rampage's best time. I wonder if he's going to try and post a better one at all this month or not.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Flint Ironstag posted:

I would bet his real car drives even worse than the in-game version, and that Turn 10 "helped" it a bit in the handling and braking departments. That thing reminds me of so many modded cars. All engine with stock (or worse) everything else.

I wouldn't doubt that a lot of cars in the game have fudged handling, simply because nobody in their right mind would allow their rare and expensive car to be flogged on a race track and risk it getting damaged or totaled just for some video game. I'm just glad they don't take it to cartoony levels like Gran Turismo 4 and 5 did with the SEMA cars in their lineups.

Besides, the car's real world handling is probably irrelevant because what are the odds that Rampage even takes that car beyond highway speed, especially after his little fun run back in '08?

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Pinky the Cube posted:

I have had better luck progressing up rival trees by pressing (Y) to Change Rivals and picking one just a few ms ahead of me. Beat them, repeat. This is the alternative to going against a friend who has me beat by 4 seconds or jumping ahead to the end-all target time I want to get to. This baby-step method is how I gradually caught up to and beat CJ Wilson last month.

In addition to lessening the pressure it also helps teach the track in segments, if that makes sense. The guy you just beat was weak on that first turn but now this next guy aces it, requiring you improve specifically on that turn. Get that done and the skill will come with you to the next guy. Surely you'll hit a wall at some point, but that wall doesn't have to be 'ol Rampage Jackson.

This is good advice, and as a bonus you'll be earning more exp and credits in the long run since you'll be competing against more people than if you just picked someone way up and just beat that one time. It's annoying to have a ghost car constantly dodging in and out of your field of vision but it also gives you a realtime example of where you'll need to improve your lines and adjust your braking points.

And if you have to, then suck it up and switch an assist or two back on to see if that helps any. Some cars are just unruly bitches, and it's not like you'll be forever shamed for using traction control on a throwaway challenge.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

General Probe posted:

I think you misunderstood, open wheeled cars aren't till FM5 at which point I suspect we'll have more than just 1 open wheeled car.

I just hope it doesn't become the sole selling point of FM5. As much as I want a Caterham or an Ariel Atom or even a KTM X-Bow to flog around Fujimi, if that's the only major advancement then it'll be a bit of a downer considering there are other areas that need improvement as well. But that's all probably a couple years down the road so I guess getting too worked up over it isn't helping any.

Though if we at least get time of day options for all the tracks (not necessarily night racing, but at least sunrise/sunset and overcast), that would be extremely nice. I can't even do Hockenheimring at midday anymore because the sunrise version is so pretty looking. A sunset version of Maple Valley would probably be the best track ever.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Turn-10 is running a contest this weekend (it's mentioned in this weeks review), to enter you're suppose to check out a Top Gear USA advertisement on the Dash Board, but i'm not seeing where the ad is. Has anyone spotted it yet? The requirements are just to enter the contest, and play Forza 4 once this weekend. You have a chance of winning 100,000 Microsoft points.

I'm spending all of it on Car Tokens if I win. :v:

The Forza website says that it should be under the Video tab on the dashboard, I haven't bothered to check for it yet so i dunno if it has to cycle through the current options or if it's in one of the corner panel thingys or what.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Man I'm so glad I'm almost done with the Ferrari collecting achievement. Just 3 of the F430GT racecars left now, and I know I can get at least one of them off the auction house for cheap.

They should have included an unlockable homespace of a palace in Dubai for people whose collections exceed a value of 50 million credits or so, either that or Jay Leno's garage.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

Is there a list somewhere of which Ferraris are needed for that acheivement? Or is the answer simply all of them (not including DLC)?

It says all the Ferraris on Disc 1, so I'm assuming it's just the ones in the dealership. They better not have been dickish enough to require both unicorns as well for it, though I doubt they would do that.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

ihop posted:

There's a list up in the 'Answers' section of Gamefaqs, but if I recall, the ones you don't need are the FXX, the F50GT, the F40 Competizione, the F6** Maranello, the F458 racecar, neither of the 355s, and of the F430 racecars you only need #83 and #89.

Edit here

Well gently caress me with a rusty chainsaw, of course the two F430GTs I need are two I waited until last to buy! Oh well, at least I can say I got all but one of them (the 360 CS because I'm stupid and didn't realize I could have had an easy free one last month).

Next goal, Ferrari affinity to level 50! Gotta get a return on my investments here!

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

ihop posted:

If you're not in a hurry, I can send you at least one of the 430 racecars. I don't remember if I have both still, but I don't need them. Send a friend request to humpdumper and I'll try and gift them later tonight.

Oh, I already got them. Just had to finally clear out all the abandoned project and one-use cars from my garage, that more than made up the difference to buy them both. Thanks for the offer though. :)

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

Rivals is a great way to improve, and gives you mountains of credits.

If nothing else, the credits you get from running absurd amounts of laps trying to shave that last .002 seconds off will add up quickly. It's also a good way to test out cars you wouldn't normally use much because they're not qualified to enter many Event List races.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

wolrah posted:

Attempting to get a good, clean time in the traffic challenge rivals events is a pretty decent way to learn how to drive fast around idiot pubbies online. Can be frustrating as hell though, so be warned you may find yourself yelling and screaming at a Prius going 13 MPH around a corner with no passing space. It's just like real life roads!

The autocross events are a good way to practice low speed maneuvering in high-powered cars that don't like being in first gear, if you have the patience to run each one a few times. Makes getting around those granny drivers in their Lianas and Beetles a touch easier when you know how the car will react as you try to squeeze past at a safe speed.

ColdPie posted:

I have found something better than Rivals mode. It's Hot Lapping in Free Play mode. It still records your highest time, you can still race against ghosts and choose from your friends/club, the ghosts that you race against don't obscure your view, you get to race against your chosen ghost and your previous lap ghost, and you can race any car on any track.

The only downside is you don't get credits, and so you don't level up. Which does suck, but I play this game for fun, not space bux, so I'll live with it.

This discovery just saved this game for me.

Fill a private multiplayer room with AI drivers and you get total control over how the race is set up, AND you get credits and experience like normal! Granted you can't pause while in a race, but if you aren't running 50 lap endurance races that's not really a problem.

Scirocco Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 16, 2012

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Sunday Punch posted:

Something about that back section on Camino seems to produce magical moments like this. It's my number one passing spot on the track as everyone goes off the rails and I slide smoothly through much as you did here.

That stretch of track is a lot narrower than it looks, and of course 99% of pubbies will just try to rush past anyone in front of them immediately without considering the track ahead, so... welp.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

TannhauserGate posted:

I drive and would love to see a Dodge Neon, and while mine is the SXT, this is one case where the top model- the R/T- is a perfect car for this game.

The first-gen Neons also had an ACR model, that seems like it would be a more likely candidate if they were going to add one in since it was designed more for track racing. I think that might have been Plymouth branded though, don't remember.

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

I cannot stand this poo poo. I guess i can understand why the game isnt full of V6 mustangs, but everyone driving some rare model they only made a few of is a little off-putting. I'd love trim options in F5. Fox body mustang with the turbocoupe engine for instance.

Gran Turismo does this with Skylines and everyone hates it because it just ends up being clutter. Most players won't even notice a difference aside from one having more horsepower than the others and that's the one they'll pick every time, so aside from inflating the car count there's not much point in it.

Personally I'd rather there be more options for engine swaps across the board, both upgrades and downgrades from stock, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Scirocco Griffon fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 24, 2012

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Seymour Butts posted:

Bought this game on a whim a few days ago! Really enjoying it so far, but I took my first glance of the marketplace and there is a ton of content. Any "must-haves?" Getting all the free cars now!

Honestly, it really depends on what kind of cars you like the most. Each DLC pack has a pretty good mix of old and new cars, so it's not exactly easy to say "you must have this it is better than the others". Every one so far has had cars I adore and cars that I couldn't care less about.

It might actually be best to hold off for a while and play with the huge amount of cars already in the game to figure out what you like best, then go for the DLC after that.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

So, with the "2013" Dodge Dart coming "Q2 2012", what do you think are the chances we might see it as DLC? Maybe not this month but April?

The next Viper is going to be shown at the Geneva auto show and there have already been one or two leaked pictures of it floating about, wouldn't surprise me if we saw that soon. Though I have to wonder whether or not they'll list it as a Dodge, considering the Viper had been spun off as its own brand like Ram trucks were.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Just a reminder that you have until Wednesday to set a time in the King of the Track event. Rampage hasn't bothered to try posting a new time, so 1:51.674 is still what you have to beat to get a unicorn Camaro SS.

Also they're taking votes for what unicorn to give out for the March VIP Rivals event on their Facebook page, although the choices all kinda stink and the doriftuuuuuuu Silvia will probably win by a landslide anyway because people are dumb.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

All I want is the M3 GTR :'(
You and me both. :smith::respek::smith:

Q_res posted:

Actually, it looks like the Mine's Skyline is winning by a healthy margin. Which isn't bad considering it and the NSX are the best options on there.
I guess I'm okay with either of those. The other three are ultra-specialized cars that can't really be tuned for general racing use though, at least not without min-maxing them first. And that really just sucks all the fun out of it in my opinion.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

TannhauserGate posted:

As a general rule of thumb, you want to start a class down- maybe two. One class is usually enough to put parts and tuning on to solve deficiencies in the car's make or adjust it to your style, two is either severe rebalancing or balancing plus extra gofastgood. Any more than that and odds are you're twisting the frame into knots with too much engine or handling harder than the suspension can deal with.

This is pretty much the rough outline I use for tuning. Example: a car that is F class at stock will be competitive if tuned up to E class, a bit of a challenge at D class, maybe possibly useful at C class if heavily modified and tuned carefully, but beyond that it's not worth it except for novelty. This is of course not counting engine or drivetrain swaps, which is basically building an entirely different car in and of itself (though even then there's still a limit to what the chassis can handle).

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

burtonos posted:

I like the public lobbies. I find most people with mics generally want good races. There is at least one team out there who does nothing but wreck people, but the community is on to them. Frankly, I enjoy trying to outfox them.

Maybe Turn 10's master plan is finally working and I will keep coming back to get punched in the dick again and again.

Erasing the need for cash grinding to upgrade cars has taken a lot of the stress out of pubbie racing. You don't have to worry about being robbed out of your next project's upgrade fund by some knobs driving the exact same overtuned AWD shitbox, so counter-griefing the would be griefers is like its own little game now. Plus sometimes you get people who do totally surreal things, like the guy I ran into last weekend who was playing Darrell Waltrip soundbites over his microphone every race.

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY LET'S GO RACIN'!!! *field of Mk 2 Golfs slowly trundles off the line*

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Cannot Find Server posted:

Freakenstien is the man and I'll hear no smack talk about him and his 1940's radio announcer voice :colbert:

Someone should do up some Forza replays like old newsreel footage and have him narrate it, cause this sounds awesome.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I really really really hope you can swap a Corvette engine into the Corvair. I've seen such a thing at car shows before but they were just trailer queens that were never fired up, so I have to know what happens when one is let loose on a track. Well okay, I know the answer is utter hilarity, but still.

Also another gimmicky Ford and another classic Alfa, hell yeah! At this rate maybe they actually will find a surviving Alfasud to put in. One has to exist somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I also noticed the description for the Nova says you can "dress it up and ride in style". Sounds like more fun aero options are on the way too. :D

• Locked thread