Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
On a whim I decided this past saturday would be new game day. I waltzed into my game store and to my surprise forza 4 dropped this week! I am giving the wireless speed wheel a go, how do you guys justify spending $500+ on peripherals?!!? I'm sure it must be real real awesome, but drat. That a lotta bux for one game.

I see people selling tune packages on the auction thing, how reputable/good are those?

I assume the most downloaded ones are worth the 10k credits?

I would also like to get in on LLJK or GISH.

GT:BinaryDoughnut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Trip Report, Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel:

It takes some getting used to, but that was to be expected. I went simulation steering, ABS brakes, traction/stability on, because I am a big gay baby. After a few hours of fiddling last night, I'm getting the hang of it! Much easier to hold a line around a long turn than with the controller. The key is small, slow, controlled movements. Flailing the wheel around wildly leads to disaster. The triggers are longer, meaning more control on your brakes and gas instead of the bipolar "FLOOR IT VRRRROOOOO...OH poo poo STOMP BRAKES" I was doing with the controller. I've stuck with AWD cars for the moment, I tried to hop into that classic Chevy Stingray and spun out early and often in magnificent fashion. All things considered, I like it and will continue to play like this. So long as I have a left hand drive car. Right hand drive makes me all :psyduck: when I try to use that sweet cockpit view.

Anybody got the same gay fire I do for hatchbacks? That '08 Golf GTi is tits on wheels. Much less twitch than the hatchback WRX. I am sad that the WRX is not faster or more nimble in the loose dirt than on the blacktop. It's a rally car! But I do see why that would be terrible for game balance.

E- Has Forza ever done rally tracks? Would love to scream up pikes peak.

DrPain fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 18, 2011

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

BrokenKnees posted:

Been thinking about getting a wheel, but I don't have the money for a nice fanatec setup. Do any goons have and like microsoft's new wireless wheel? I'm looking around and nothing else is a decent price or is made by madcatz.

Repostin dis:

DrPain posted:

It takes some getting used to, but that was to be expected. I went simulation steering, ABS brakes, traction/stability on, because I am a big gay baby. After a few hours of fiddling last night, I'm getting the hang of it! Much easier to hold a line around a long turn than with the controller. The key is small, slow, controlled movements. Flailing the wheel around wildly leads to disaster. The triggers are longer, meaning more control on your brakes and gas instead of the bipolar "FLOOR IT VRRRROOOOO...OH poo poo STOMP BRAKES" I was doing with the controller. I've stuck with AWD cars for the moment, I tried to hop into that classic Chevy Stingray and spun out early and often in magnificent fashion. All things considered, I like it and will continue to play like this. So long as I have a left hand drive car. Right hand drive makes me all :psyduck: when I try to use that sweet cockpit view.

I've since turned off TCS and stability, and still having fun with it. Still can't drive anything that isn't AWD.

DrPain fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 24, 2011

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
My rewind button likes to randomly alternate between X and Y.

I have no idea what the gently caress.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I thumb my nose at the supercar elite.

Lookit dat bucket. Wanna race dat bucket.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Sunday Punch posted:

That's a really good job dude, well done :)

Oh I guess I should give credit, I found this on the storefront.

Search VW Rabbit keywords "rusty" or "wrecked".

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
How about we make a GISH active player roll call spreadsheet?

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
They could release Track Days Rivals as a standalone game and I would still play it forever. I just love weaving through slower traffic and cursing their existence when I gently caress up a lap. I literary experience the entire emotional spectrum on a butthole-clenching clean lap.

Also, voted for Sunday Punch because of the three wheel motion and beautiful composition.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Hello Spaceman posted:

I honestly thought, from all the pre-release hype, that the Trackday feature was going to be a standalone thing you could do. Like in freerun. Competing for glory is fun and all, but it ruins my vibe when I have some rival ghost taunting me :(

And I know what you mean with the joy you get from weaving through traffic. It's the same reason I loved the first Test Drive Unlimited. High speed highway driving is really thrilling. Burnout games, too.

The ghost car is just part of the experience for me. As if a Miata camping my line around a particularly nasty corner wasn't enough, the ghost car blows my doors off in the process and I utter roar a particularly spiteful "AND THIS MOTHER FUCKER RIGHT HERE!!!"

It's brilliantly infuriating.

Three Abbo Eskie, I'm looking at you. :colbert:

edit- I'm p sure there are track days on the events list where it counts the number of cars passed instead of (concurrent to?) time, if you really don't like rivals.

DrPain fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 16, 2011

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I'm so gay for track days rivals. Just cracked the top 2% on hockenhiem.

Take that, "ThreeAbboEskie", if that is your real name.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I'm loving in love with the trackday events in Rivals mode as well.

I am/was in the top 100 on Hockenhiem and the Nurburgring. It took me two loving days EACH to set a clean lap on both Nurburgring and Fujimi Kaido. My favorite is when those rear end in a top hat AI cars go three-wide into a corner and you have to sit behind them and wait so you can pass. Also on Fujimi they love to drive into the side of your car if you get too close.

I set my fast track day lap on the Nurburgring in the Lotus Evora, now I see they have the Lotus Evora T124. No doubt I can set a better lap time in the T124, god drat am I dreading trying.

EDIT: I just checked the leaderboards, I've been dropped hard on both events, 218 for Hockenhiem and 132 for the 'ring. I am 103rd on the Silverstone event though :smug:

What car you pushing on Hockenhiem? Or better yet, just give me your drat gamertag and we can track days rivals till the sun explodes.

e- Found it.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Just collect the gamertags of those still active and get on everyones friends list.

What is problem?

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I dunno, I lurk the official forums for liveries and tuning packages sometimes.

Just don't interact with ~*THE COMMUNITY*~ and you'll be okay.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Will the season pass discount still be available after all the DLC is out?

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Hi, don't cut me, BinaryDoughnut, champion of crossing the finish line backwards in last place.

:3:

Also, I have no go to cars in D-C class. Suggestions?

DrPain fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 27, 2012

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I'm a little pissed at the game with devs thing. It was completely disorganized and I couldn't even get the server to load games when the devs made them, let alone join.

I'm never gonna drive a unicorn :(

I have no idea how you all managed to snag those fill in the missing letter codes either. Madness.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Bentai posted:

From T10's twitter: Check out the just-announced 2013 SRT Viper in Forza Motorsport 4: youtu.be/Md3UQEvo0SE (Coming this summer!)

So yep, more DLC a'coming.

"All in game footage"

So how do we peel out of the hangar or get the camera to pan tilt and zoom from a fixed point?

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ok so I'm confused. I'm trying to do some of these Rival Track Day events and every single time I start a new lap it immediately says it's dirty. What gives?

You need to be clean in the final section of the previous lap to start a new clean lap.

If you play with rewind, you can rewind your mistake, correct it, then go on to start a new clean lap.

Similarly, if you gently caress up in turn one of a new clean lap, you can rewind to before you crossed the line and restart the clean lap.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Seymour Butts posted:

how do you shift with that thing?

Clutch on A, up/down on B/X.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Cannot Find Server posted:

You can. In fact, you could hire a driver for every race if you really wanted to. I personally hired drivers for every race on Silverstone, Motegi, Hockenheim, Ladera and Infineon IRL, because gently caress those tracks.

Hey, I like hockenheim.

:smith:

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
It's gonna be 19 year models of the 911 and the comedy option 2012 Panamera.

edit- Pre-emptive livery crew request

DrPain fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 17, 2012

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
If you tune cars with no areo, then your areo cannot be damaged :smug:

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Look at these scrubs who don't have Kinect Head Trackingtm whining about cockpit FOV.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Dr. Faustus posted:

I apologize because I cannot answer your question, but I can at least tell you that I use this tuning spreadsheet and I like it.
You need Excel or possibly Open Office to make it work, though.

2003 version works flawlessly in open office. I do find that sometimes the cars come out a bit soft, but it's a good starting point.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I've always wanted to get a truck series going.

Did you put that raptor in the club garage or on your storefront?

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I think some kind of pre-tuned series with the Q7, Cayenne, and Touareg would be fun.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Seymour Butts posted:

Wait, what!? Wings on top of wings on top of wings? How can this be true?

30th anniversary camaro does the same thing.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Pixelboy posted:

Just shared a Pinto with a tune that supposedly works for the new community Unicorn challenge.

Of course, most in AUGR are already beating my score so it's usefulness may be limited.

Is that the Don't Be Fuelish rivals event? What's the unicorn time?

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I cut every ounce of weight out of the Pinto including those awful watanabe rims, dropped in a roll cage/turbo/street compound, and hit 1:13 from a standing start.

Hooray unicorn!

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I just want to put a turbo on the FR-S :3:

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Mister Snips posted:

I just bought forza 4 and hooked my xbox up to live for the first time. I don't even have gold but i'll probably buy it and play some internet racecars

Is there anything I should know about being an online forza newbie? I think I can drive well but everyone probably thinks that.

It's okay to finish last. Especially if you can give the guy who finished 2nd to last a good run for the money.

Learn the game in the lower classes with all assists off from the get go.

Stock pintos on kaido climb all day.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Needs a hellaflush autocross mode for kicks.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I like the speed wheel. It sucks having to swap controllers to do anything else, but I justify it thematically as putting down the wheel and picking up a wrench to tune or whatever. I put my feet up on the edge of my ottoman and rest my forearms against my knees to drive to "anchor" it somewhat. Longer triggers give more precise brake/gas and the wheel makes those long sweeping turns easier to manage than with a thumbstick.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Oh they updated the calc to include the new DLC, that's pretty sweet.

Thanks for hosting/posting.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
In car or no car. Chase cam makes me feel like the car is on a rail. I use in car for things that are LHD, then I go to the front bumper for RHD cars. RHD makes my brain freak out like THIS IS NOT OKAY YOU ARE NOT OKAY EVERYTHING IS BACKWARDS OH gently caress IS THE CLUTCH ON THE OTHER SIDE TOO JESUS gently caress AHHHHHH :supaburn:

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Unicorns are bullshit. I'm never gonna get one.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I've been sucked back into This drat Game.

How have I never discovered the Renault 5 Turbo before this weekend?

That thing destroys the short tracks in B500, and that was only after a lovely 30 second maximize power:weight tune.

:stonk:

• Locked thread