Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Hello Spaceman posted:

Or just search for "A vent a door"

I didn't get it until this post. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Just sent a request to join LLJK - gt N1CK S0APD1SH

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I work too late to be able to participate in the SE36 race, but last night for shits I tried to build an M3 to as close to the actual SE36 rules as I could. Does anyone have any idea what the spring rates are on the Spec suspension? I can't believe how much time I spent looking in every possible place online and couldn't find the answer anywhere. I did find that the sway bars are 27mm in the front and 24mm rear.

The kit btw is the H&R E36 RSS Club Sport Coil-over Kit, if anyone out there is handy enough to find the info.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Looks like I can race in Goon Mans (that's this Saturday, right?)

speedtek (N1CK S0APD1SH) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Red | 15

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Kilonum posted:

OK, this is the list I have so far, been sick all day today and was playing Saint's Row all day yesterday.

1. Kilonum (Kilonum) | Ford GT40 MK II | Polychromatic Purple/Black | 82
2. TannhauserGate (calderracrusade) | Chevrolet Corvette C1 | Red/White | 13
3. Torn Quad Jones (zombi3lick3r) | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Pink/White | 56
4. ANAmal.net (gregchiasson) | Shelby Daytona Coupe | blue | 29
5. Logue (Logue 1) | Dodge Charger Daytona | Orange | 71
6. Jingle Bells (PSBonnett) | Jaguar E-Type |British Racing Green | 84
7. pyxlwyz | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Turquoise | 67
8. Asmodai_00 (Asmodai 00) | Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona | Grey | 00
9. VikingSkull (IBurtIReynoldsI) | Chevy Corvette C2 | Black/Gold | 7
10. yes we nyan (azunyan) | Ford GT40 MK II | ??? | 48
12. der juicen (Im A GPS Facial) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Metallic Maroon w/ Yellow Stripe | 8
13. Puddin (Puddin23) | Ford GT40 MK II | Light Blue | 23
14. Jarf (Jarf) | Jaguar D-Type | Grey | 4

You missed me!

speedtek posted:

Looks like I can race in Goon Mans (that's this Saturday, right?)

speedtek (N1CK S0APD1SH) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Red | 15

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
What are your guys' approximate lap times in your Goon Mans cars? I just want to make sure I'm in the ballpark, and further tune if necessary...

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Looks like I'm right on the money at just about 4:00 flat, should be a good time!

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Good times - almost won that race solely on the fact that I was the only one that didn't roll.

I was thinking we could do a Spec E30 race some time. I made one out of an E30 M3 but gave it spec-based spring rates/sway bars & 325i gear ratios and it's pretty much spot on. I ran some laps around Road Atlanta & Infineon and they were comparable to actual SE30 cars.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jarf posted:

I was #15 here, I had an amazing start, flew right through that gap. Lasted until the straight then everyone with a higher top speed than me (aka everyone) blasted by

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I just re-applied to LLJK as well, no one in GISH is ever on (at least when I'm on)

e: gt N1CK S0APD1SH

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jabs posted:

awesomeness

Arrghhhh drat you 2nd shift for existing and consuming my life. All your races sound like so much fun :(

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
http://youtu.be/4r-ZEhQRHzQ

From our Nurburgring race tonight.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Work has been slow this month so I just built a Spec Miata in case I get out early next week.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jabs posted:

30 minute Spec Miata sprint. 30 minute LeMons race...since it's sort of a "holiday" week.

what are the LeMons regs?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
If one was to buy the season pass now, would he still be able to get the November & December packs?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Sunday Punch posted:

Luckily I snagged the 1M, which was the only one I really wanted :smug:

The 1M is what I want. Is there any way to still get a code for one? Is there a trading post somewhere?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jabs posted:

One of my SCCA friends wrote up some BTCC rules, too.
So, expect some BTCC action in the future, and expect GoonMons to become GoonShittyCar.

Start submitting your ideas on which cars you think could be had at a "Buy Here Pay Here" car lot for a couple grand at some point in the past.
We are.

I'm going to start setting up here in about 15 min.
N1ck Soapdish
Jabs
Goldnova
Boaz McPherson
Crow T. Macbot
Defective Llama (DNF)
Xander I. Crewes (DNF)
Eperitus (DNF)

I would do all sorts of things I wouldn't be proud of for a 320si. I was N1CK S0APD1SH btw and I had a blast. Hopefully I can do more of that in the future.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

T1g4h posted:

I guess I should bounce over to AUGR finally, huh? Blegh... Be on the lookout for T1g4h I guess. I miss getting race invites from HumpDumper :(

He is now ButtMunchRadMan, send him a friend request

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Jabs if you're interested I've managed to build a SpecE30 based on the NASA rules, complete with 325i gear ratios & the actual spec spring rates. I can send you the tune if you want to check it out.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Flint Ironstag posted:

Done. Luckily I was watching some Netflix when the message came through. Welcome to your new addiction, and let us know when you decide to pick up F4. No hurry, a lot of us only stop playing one Forza because a new one is out.

And it almost went to plan, except I couldn't gift his car back due to locked vinyls. At least a replacement Eclipse is easily affordable now.

Can't you just strip the vinyls off the car and then gift it?
e: hurr nevermind didn't think that one through

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I just wish I could follow an AI closely through a corner without worrying about getting brake checked. I feel like in the higher PI races they do it purely to be dicks.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Cannot Find Server posted:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still new to the whole tuning thing and I don't have much confidence in the cars I build, so knowing that they work for people other than myself makes me pretty happy!

(sorry about the awful, ugly wheels).

Not sure what the brake settings are, but the first time I drove it I plowed into some people. Once I got used to that I started to rip through the field.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

VERTiG0 posted:

Sorry I didn't join the racing last night guys, even after all those invites... GF was over and wanted to play goddamn Lego Harry Potter (uuuuuugh).

Do these things happen more often than Wednesday nights?

Every Wednesday ~9:30-10:00PM Eastern

Rules & Schedule here http://www.jonathonbarton.net/index.php/goonspec/goonspec-series-schedule/

e: god I need to learn to read lately. So far, no, but I would like it to happen as it's a crapshoot on whether or not I'll be out of work on time to make the Wednesday races.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

VERTiG0 posted:

Also I haven't raced with goons yet, but it's absolutely loving impossible to race online with pubbies. I just had a race at the Old Le Mans circuit, and I was going full-tilt down the back straight and some idiot with a way faster car than mine comes up behind me, so I give him a wide berth to pass, he just loving smokes me and wipes me right out.

gently caress those people (99% of them).

It's night and day. However, if you browse the private servers, there's usually a couple "clean racers only" servers. Those are nice.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jabs posted:

It's got to meet both.
I ran into the same issue I had with this rules series that we had with USTCC, and I didn't notice until too late to inform everyone.
The NASA American Iron rules stipulate 3 dyno pulls to determine HP.
Forza apparently uses HP at the crank.
So a lot of the cars I tried were bone stock, and still underweight once you added the cage.

So I'm going to alter the HP/LB limit to account for theoretical driveline losses of 20%. (Same as what we used for F/R setups in USTCC)

The new minimum weight calcs are
HP * 11.40 AND
TQ * 10.20

Had a good turnout tonight, and some really good racing. Had 5 people drop inexplicably, though. I'll have to figure out what to do with those 5. *grumble*

I think you may have gone in the wrong direction. I took my Boss 429 back to bone stock and added the rollcage and I'm still 400 lbs underweight.

Also, I'm trying to add some pics from last night's race but all of sudden everything I've uploaded is gone. Could have something to do with changing my gamertag.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Could someone direct me to the AUGR thread? I checked the OP and searched and couldn't find the car build info. I was invited to my first ever goon game and had no car to race. :(

http://www.jonathonbarton.net/index.php/goonspec/goonspec-series-schedule/

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
So my pictures on the Forza site just magically reappeared, here's a couple pics that pretty much sum up Wednesday's race for me:

Lap 2

Lap 3

Lap 4

Lap 5 I finally started to get it

What I learned: I never liked Sedona Full, and I REALLY don't like it on reverse. Turn 2 is just the worst. Still had lots of fun though, hopefully I can do that more.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

CaseFace McGee posted:

It is so goddamn satisfying to turn off an assist that you've always had on, then go and do something awesome like beat a rivals time that you couldn't beat before.

Also, PUMPED for this week's GTCC spec - Gentleman's luxury sports cars. I've got it narrowed down to a Jaaaaag and this Caddy:

EDIT: click to enbiggen

Not sure which one I'll be running yet, but I spent long enough making that Jag head that I said "gently caress it" and put it on the Cadillac too.

drat, that's hot.

Jabs - thanks for fixing the formula. I may race tonight, again depends on my work departure time. I've also got some serious drinking to catch up on with a friend of mine though...

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I like that a lot. If you put it on the storefront I will totally buy it.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

YF19pilot posted:

Ha! You and your 458 Ferraris! I saw a Honda Civic Si, just like in the game! Beat that!

I literally drove an E30 M3 once :tipshat:

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Cojawfee posted:

I have a question about heel toeing. Do you have to do it the way everyone else does? Is there a specific reason for braking with the toe and hitting the gas with the heel? I'm a bit duck footed so my right foot doesn't rotate very far that way, so I've just been having my foot sideways hitting the brake with my heel and rotating my ankle to hit the gas with my toe.

Whatever a) works and b) feels natural to you

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I'm just glad I can finally get my 1M. I've been salty about not getting that car since the day I got the game. Can I get just the one car or do I have to buy the whole pack?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jabs posted:

Update to the E30 Spec for Wednesday (because Boaz is a bigger sperglord than I am, by his own admission!)

Minimum weight - 2700 lbs.
Final Drive Ratio - 3.73
16.07 lb/hp - 168 hp - achievable with 20% power handicap.
Max front camber: -3.5
Max rear camber: -3.5
Spring Rates: F - 315
R - 570
Rebound/Bump: Any

Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage - Race
Springs and Dampers - Race (H&R Race Springs 50404-88)
Anti-roll bars - Sport
Tire Compound - Sport
Tire Width - Stock
Wheels - Any Style
Rim Size - Stock
Brakes - Street
Weight Reduction - Street (2700 lbs minimum!)
Transmission - Sport (For Final Drive adjustment)
Driveline - Any
Clutch - Any
Differential - Sport
Flywheel - Stock
Front aero - Any
Wing - Stock or Removed
All Power/Engine upgrades - STOCK

Come on, let's take it a step further -

Transmission - Race:
3.83 / 2.20 / 1.40 / 1.00 / 0.81 / 0.81

Sway bars - Race:
22mm Front, 19mm Rear

Tires - Sport:
205/50/15

I built a SpecE30 a while back, I can upload it to the club garage.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I just uploaded my setup to the garage - it's the green C425 (that's convenient!) E30. I also uploaded the setup to the storefront for anyone wanting to build one with custom paint. Is there a way to upload it unlocked so people can play with their camber/pressue/shocks?

fake edit - the one I uploaded is with my 325i ratios, I can take that out if it'd be easier for everyone

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage - Race
Springs and Dampers - Race (315/570)
Anti-roll bars - Race (22/19. Yes, you can edit the size in the tuning screen)
Tire Compound - Sport
Tire Width - Stock
Wheels - 5zigen GN+ (I only chose these because they look the most like the wheels on my IRL E30)
Rim Size - Stock
Brakes - Street
Weight Reduction - Street
Transmission - Race (w/ 325i ratios, can switch to sport if preferred)
Driveline - Race
Clutch - Race
Differential - Sport (3.73)
Flywheel - Stock
Front aero - Forza
Wing - Removed
Engine - 100% stock

The car weighs in at 2756 lbs

speedtek fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 24, 2012

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
That's cool, I just took your tune for a couple laps and it drove very nicely. So no front aero, sport tranny, sport sways?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Jabs' internet connection :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz85hza5WCQ

After the initial impact my engine was 99% dead so I couldn't get out of the way before the head-on. After I pitted everything was fixed except my aero and I was lapping ~3-4 secs a lap slower than the leaders, then as I was getting lapped again I got rearended, making me feel even more like crap.

Oh well, that's racing. I look forward to redeeming myself next week.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I am very excited about this.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
So if you drop an S50 into the E30, add race exhaust, and cut power by 50% you have a 170hp car that sounds a little bit more like a SpecE30 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Flint Ironstag posted:

I hate when you have to work too late to make the race. Sorry, BTCC guys. Somebody post results and pics. I was looking forward to setting up an Alfa Mito. I might make one anyway, just in case this spec comes back.

Same here. I thought I was gonna get out on time then my supervisor suddenly sprung more work on me. Oh well mo money I guess.

• Locked thread