Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Loving racing the the LLJK crew. I don't even want to know how many hours I've wasted these past few days. However, we really need to clear out our club garage. There's just waaaay too much stuff in it.

The club garage should be for precisely tuned, unique, and/or otherwise hilarious vehicles. If there is a vehicle very similar to yours in there already, maybe reconsider sharing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
I think I got my video games confused:

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Bentai posted:

Did you make that? :D

I purchased the Fujiwara Tofu sticker from the market, then I made the rest.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the type of racing people prefer in LLJK, SAEG, and GISH? I've noticed in LLJK it's mostly screwing around or doing gimmick races instead of class races. Are the other groups the same/different?

Logue fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 15, 2011

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
I put up a C-class civic in the LLJK garage that should be fairly competitive. Try it out.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Putrid Tuna, you mind not adding all your cars to the LLJK garage plz? Kthnx.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Would anyone be interested in a hour+ long full sim race? That would mean long distance driving, pitting for fuel and tire wear, as well as full damage. I've been wanting to try this for a while. Open to class and track suggestions.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Asmodai_00 posted:

God drat it, I suck so bad at this game. First turn of Jab's endurance race and I go flying off turn 1 and never even see the car in front of me again.

:suicide:

Yeah, I was surprised when you did that. A 1 hour race and you made a risky overtake move on the first corner.....

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Jabs, can you put the miata replay on your storefront?

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

IR0NH34D posted:

Just wanted to check in! I just got a new SA account last night. I picked up Forza 4 last week. I just applied to LLJK. I'm pretty excited to be in a legit car club!

aww, he thinks we're legit.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
I'm in for Old Goon Le Mans tomorrow. Fear the fury of my orange 220mph, 830hp beast.

Logue (Logue 1) | Dodge Charger Daytona | Orange | 71

Logue fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 12, 2011

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Asmodai_00 posted:

Should I come along to be your good luck charm?

The good luck charm that flies past you at 180MPH into the dirt on turn 1? :v:

If you'd like :D. I may jump out of the race after a while though if I get bored (2.5 hour is a LONG time).

I'm throwing my Daytona's setup/tune onto the LLJK club garage if anyone wants to test it out before the race to see how their car compares.

Question to Kilonum (host): Will we be able to leave the braking line on? I usually don't race with it on, but I make a special exception for Old Le Mans. Also, you may want to decrease the overall time. 2.5 hours will scare a LOT of people away. Maybe make it 1.5?

Logue fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 12, 2011

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Jabs posted:

This makes me very, very sad.
even sadder than a double post
:confused:

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Yeah, I may not make the goon le mans next week. Have plans around 5pm PST. Might be able to do a few laps though.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
For anyone still thinking of a car to use for Goon Le Mans, I recommend at least checking out the Mercedes Gullwing 300SL. I actually got it around the old track faster than my Daytona, running a 3:49, but its a little less stable so I'm sticking with the Daytona. If anyone wants my gullwing setup, let me know.

Logue fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 14, 2011

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Just built an S650 Ferrari Dino as well. It's only 1 second off of my Daytona's time, but it handles MUCH better and is far less boat-y. It can take the entire Mulsanne straight with full throttle. No braking for the curve! This is a very well balanced, competitive car.

I highly recommend this car for almost any skill level. I'm throwing my Dino into the club garage. Let me know if you like the tune and I'll send it to you for use in Goon Le Mans.

Logue fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 14, 2011

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

der juicen posted:

stuff

Ok dude, WTF is with your gamertag!? Explain.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Jabs posted:

See you all on Wednesday!

Track? Would be helpful so we know how to tune the cars.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

T-Square posted:

Sweet, I like Silverstone :shobon: I'll be on.

Edit: I can't tune this car for poo poo. Can I blame it on the sport tires, or do I just suck? Lotsa lift-off oversteer.
I had a bitch of a time getting it to behave but I think I may have cracked it. I got it pretty stable, and when it does decide to slide, its very controllable. I was able to get a 2:10.3 (admittedly with the braking line turned on. I'm not familiar enough with Silverstone to hot lap it at full speed).

I may end up racing with GTCC tonight, so I'm gonna throw my E36 tune up into my storefront if anyone wants it (GT: Logue 1).

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

General Probe posted:

Goddamn you Logue you couldn't let me have the best LLJK time on the FWD Time Attack rivals for one day? :argh: At least I still have the top drag racing time...ugh.

You picked my favorite class/drivetrain combination, so no :3:

code:
1. Kilonum (Kilonum) | Ford GT40 MK II | Polychromatic Purple/Black | 82
2. TannhauserGate (calderracrusade) | Chevrolet Corvette C1 | Red/White | 13
3. Torn Quad Jones (zombi3lick3r) | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Pink/White | 56
4. ANAmal.net (gregchiasson) | Shelby Daytona Coupe | blue | 29
5. Logue (Logue 1) | Dodge Charger Daytona | Orange | 71
6. Jingle Bells (PSBonnett) | Jaguar E-Type |British Racing Green | 84
7. pyxlwyz | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Turquoise | 67
8. Asmodai_00 (Asmodai 00) | Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona | Grey | 00
9. VikingSkull (IBurtIReynoldsI) | Chevy Corvette C2 | Black/Gold | 7
10. yes we nyan (azunyan) | Ford GT40 MK II | ??? | 48
11. j3rkstore (j3rkstore) | Ford GT40 MK II | Yellow | 22
12. der juicen (Im A GPS Facial) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Metallic Maroon w/ Yellow Stripe | 8
13. Puddin (Puddin23) | Ford GT40 MK II | Light Blue | 23
14. Jarf (Jarf) | Jaguar D-Type | Grey | 4
15. speedtek (N1CK S0APD1SH) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Red | 15
One slot left! This is gonna be fun, provided we make it through the first few corners without a MASSIVE accident.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I think there was a problem with lobbies tonight. I know we almost weren't able to do the last GTCC race because game lobbies wouldn't work.

Wait, the last race actually happened?? I quit early because I thought it wasn't happening. Blarg.

Logue fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 17, 2011

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
If anyone is still looking for a tune/setup for Goon LeMans, I have an extra tune that I don't need and am willing to give away. Made it for the Ferrari 246 Dino, and it runs around a ~3:52. Its in the LLJK garage for now, but if you want the tune so you can paint it, send my GT a message (Logue 1) and I'll get it to you.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

der juicen posted:

Well, he is the race starter, isn't he?. Does this mean it will be pushed back? Not sure I can do Sunday.

If Kilonum is out, I wouldn't mind taking over starting duties. My internet is stable and I haven't had any router issues.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
I think we should definitely do it at the currently scheduled time. Next week is Thanksgiving and I doubt that we will have anywhere near the participation that we have now.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

yes we nyan posted:

Race still on for the scheduled EST 6pm, yes?

Yup. A little before 6PM EST I'm going to invite everyone to an xbox live party. We'll figure it out from there.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Race starting in T minus 4 minutes.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Puddin posted:

So any ideas for the next race, I'd be up for one this weekend if anyone else is.

The same time on Friday or Saturday nights are perfect for me.

What about an hour long Laguna Seca with a top limit rwd C class car? (Any car upgraded to the limit or should we set a more limiting factor for cars?)

I think limiting factors are a good thing when doing long races like these. At the very least, we should put limits on tire compound, tire width, power, a required minimum weight, and whether drivetrain swaps are allowed. In addition, we may want to exclude certain cars (*cough* miata *cough*) to encourage people to choose more diverse/interesting options. Otherwise, its easy just to choose a leaderboard car.

Logue fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 21, 2011

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Hey Jabs, is there a reason that the goonspec races are at the exact same time and day as the weekly GTCC races? I'd like to race in both, but I'm forced to choose.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Jabs posted:

Logue: I agree that it's a possibility. I'm on the flip side of that coin, m'self. For most races, I'm so very thankful that I'm invincible, because I'm such a completely lovely driver. But once a week, for an hour, I love the poo poo out of racing where a mistake (even someone else's) could have real consequences.
At the same time, that's also why it's a *season* - one bad race won't put you out of the running, and there's bonus points available for people who put some effort into making their car look awesome, so there's hope for lovely drivers, too. =)

For the most part, though, knowing that Sim damage is on makes everyone more careful, more likely to give you the room you need, etc. It's also why I've tried to pick tracks that are a little more forgiving, in most cases.

Are you responding to something I wrote? I never said anything about sim damage. That said, I am pro sim-everything.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Hey guys, I"m looking to get back into Forza after the past few months. Do we have any series or spec races running this week?

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

silverbullitt850 posted:

http://www.jonathonbarton.net/index.php/goonspec/goonspec-series-schedule/

7:30pm mountain time, schedule is posted in link above. The link to the series doesn't work on there for some reason. You'll need to grab (free) tunes off of TheCowboyJoe 's storefront. The legal ones are all tagged with "vintage" and are free. Free. free free free free free.

See you tomorrow :)

Wow, TheCowboyJoe did a really good job balancing all the tunes....should be a fun race.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

silverbullitt850 posted:

Some cars were really even (~59.3-59.8 lap times on Iberian). Some were too good (Elan- removed power, 2002- removed LOTS of power), some were terrible (Renault 5, some others, maybe 510?) and got adjusted to make them achieve the same laptimes. The idea was 205 front, 225 rear tires, RWD, etc...

What car got a 59.3 on Iberian? I did about 12 laps and couldn't for the life of me go any faster than a 59.9.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

silverbullitt850 posted:

Suck it Logue 1. Just beat your FWD Catalunya hell circuit time in Rivals. 21 laps... The second time.

God dammit, Joe. Did you put nitrous in your car for that final straight?? I can lead you the entire lap, but as soon as I upshift on the last straight, you streak by.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
My whip for tonight: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2936913944.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

silverbullitt850 posted:

It's really that bad. Yes.

I'm forced to agree after finishing the demo. I was somewhat enjoying the dirt racing, but as I got to the road racing, I realized that the cars have NO feel at all if you are using the controller. I have never felt that disconnected from ANY vehicle in Forza 4.

Also, the car engines sound more like Gran Turismo than Forza (really?), and even more absurdly, the Viper in Horizon doesn't seem to handle at all like the Viper in F4.

• Locked thread