Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«101 »
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT CORTANA WILL BE A CIRCLE AND NOT THE ACTUAL SEXY WOMAN FROM THE GAME.

I want to make grilled pork chops; and I want to coat them in some sort of marinade that includes marmalade. What else should I put on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

I want to make grilled pork chops; and I want to coat them in some sort of marinade that includes marmalade. What else should I put on them?

Thinly slice red chili peppers and affix to the chops with caul fat. While grilling, baste with marmalade. Sweet, spicy, fatty!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT CORTANA WILL BE A CIRCLE AND NOT THE ACTUAL SEXY WOMAN FROM THE GAME.

The Midniter posted:

Thinly slice red chili peppers and affix to the chops with caul fat. While grilling, baste with marmalade. Sweet, spicy, fatty!

what is caul fat?

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

what is caul fat?

Wikipedia says it's the fat "netting" that sits around an animal's internal organs.

No idea where you'd get that in the US. Maybe substitute meat netting with some extra fat tucked inside.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Brine them for at least 24hrs first, then glaze with a sauce made of the marmalade, chilies, garlic, etc.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

TheNothingNew posted:

Wikipedia says it's the fat "netting" that sits around an animal's internal organs.

No idea where you'd get that in the US. Maybe substitute meat netting with some extra fat tucked inside.

Suet?

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Tucked under the netting? Yeah, perfect for that.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Brine them for at least 24hrs first, then glaze with a sauce made of the marmalade, chilies, garlic, etc.

Going to do this I think. Do you think adding sriracha to the sauce rather than fresh chillies would work?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Personally, I'd do a mix of plum sauce and marmalade, maybe with some extra garlic, sage leaves, crushed red pepper, and/or crushed Chipotle peppers for a bit of smoke. Give it that sweet, spicy, smokey sorta flavor. Then boil down the marinade till thicken and glaze as you cook.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Thanks for the advice guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

You want to brine for 24h beforehand, like mentioned, for that super juicy tender chop. For marmalade my personal favourite is some marmalade mixed with hoisin sauce and glazed on the chop, grill that bad boy to get it nice and crispy and you have one delicious chop. Nice and crispy on the outside from the grilling but tender and juicy on the inside from the brine. Bonus if it's done on the BBQ and you have it as a burger.

«101 »