Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008
What's the opinion on freezing various cheeses?

I've only frozen basic cheddar bar cheese and it crumbles when it is thawed, so, don't care about that since I usually grate or crumble my cheese for most things anyway.

One of my grocery stores is having a one day only sale tomorrow and a ton of cheese will be on sale. Basic bar cheese - cheddar, mozzarella, havarti - ball mozzarella, asiago, gorgonzola, brie and I plan to go early and stock the hell up on 'em.

Is there kinds that should never be frozen? Will some just end up crumbling like frozen cheddar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

Doh004 posted:

Place fresh or frozen broccoli on baking pan. Mince up 3-4 cloves of garlic. Drizzle olive oil over broccoli and add salt, pepper and the garlic. Grate fresh parmesan cheese over all of the broccoli. Place into 400 oven for 40 minutes. Halfway through, move broccoli about.

After 40 minutes, take out and squeeze lemon juice on top. This is the best broccoli.

That sounds like something I do with asparagus. Broccoli seems to be a cheaper and just as delicious substitute, in my area, where asparagus is always overpriced.