Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Though the feeling of waking up suddenly and realizing you've left <large pot of food> on medium-low for the last 7 hours is pretty depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Feed stores are also good places to save money on lube :pwn:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Those were the saddest, beakless-est chickens that ever feebly attempted to cluck out their pain in their tiny wire cages.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

squigadoo posted:

What is a bubble & squeak pie? A Terry Pratchett book told me about it, and google confirmed it was real, but what goes in it? How do you make it squeak? I am very serious.

It's basically leftover veggies and mashed potatoes and cabbage fried up with some meat that you serve the morning after you roast something for dinner. Essentially the same dish in Scotland is called rumbledethumps, which I feel is enough to qualify it as the best-named dish in the world.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

BastardAus posted:

Holy loving ROSTI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2CFykOrI80

Note: most people throw the top side in to crisp up too. Crazy Swiss.

That is a terrible video Jesus.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Actually Spam is pretty much just pork shoulder with some starch and preservatives.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

indoflaven posted:

You don't have to believe something just because it's old. That said, I love some fried catfish, and I don't think it gets any cheaper than that.

edit: As a Xenu I can't eat food. Any suggestions?

Don't be stupid, we're trying to help people find something to cook that they want to eat.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Randomity posted:

Cooking wine has a poo poo ton of salt added to it to make it undrinkable so it can be sold without a liquor license.

edit: I may be wrong about the reason, that's just an assumption I've made, but the fact is that cooking wine is very, very salty,

That is, in fact, the reason, and it's why no one who's of legal age should buy cooking wine.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really don't like them. My roommates have one, and I feel like it produces a harsh, unpleasant garlic flavor. Remember, the garlic taste is the product of two compounds reacting when you break cell walls. The more cell walls you break, the more intense the flavor, which is the difference between cracking a clove of garlic, slicing it, mincing it, and using a press. I think the press really goes overboard.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I'm really sorry that you all live in San Bernadino/Imperial/Riverside :(

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

What do you mean forcing yourself to eat beans? Beans are the bomb.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I have never in my life soaked beans, and the fact that everyone is always recommending it continues to seem insane to me. My beans get to the right level of cooked within an hour and a half, and since I'm usually cooking them in a stew or soup I just start the beans, prep the rest of the stew, then add the almost cooked beans after like 45 minutes and then cook them for the remaining 45 in with the rest of the stew ingredients. Why do people soak beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Nerdfest X posted:

At 0.39 cents a lb, it's still a bargain.

Where the gently caress do you live that drumsticks are $.39/lb?