Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I freeze them in x-cup increments in ziploc containers, then take em out once they're frozen and stack them in gallon freezer bags like bricks. Opening my freezer is like opening the crates in Kelly's Heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Saint Darwin posted:

How do you get them out of the bags? In my experience everything freezes to ziplocks without cutting and ripping them off. I guess you do that?

Really? I've never had that happen. Sometimes two broth ingots (going to use this term now, thanks Remy) will stick together, but that's nothing a table knife can't separate. I don't have trouble getting them out of the ziploc containers, either - they're the thin ones with the blue lids, so you kinda just twist the container and they pop out.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Where the fffffuck are you finding chicken for $0.89/lb in the bay area :byodood:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ah, ok. Main difference I noticed between east coast and west coast is that meat prices are cray in the west. Not even costco has it that low. Gonna have to keep an eye out when I move back :ninja:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Oh yeah, I know, I lived in Boston for 13 years. Which is why when I moved to the bay area and saw regular chicken for like, what super mondo organic gold fed chicken would go for on the east coast I was like :wth: $8/lb? Get the gently caress outta heah

Cheapass veggies and fruit year round evens that out, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I have a bunch of pork shoulder in the freezer. Have already made carnitas a bunch of times. What else is relatively low effort to make with that? I work manual labor and am too wiped at the end of the day to make effort meals.

E: currently have some green beans, if that can be worked into a recipe!