Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

My Little Puni posted:

I live in a really small hick town in West Michigan, so ethnic markets are out of the question,

I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out. There are ethnic markets all over the country, you may have to make a trip to a part of town that you're not so comfortable with, but I assure you that there is one close by.

If it turns out that you can't find an ethnic store, then you can try Penzeys. I haven't purchased from them myself, but my old coworkers would frequently buy stuff in bulk from there and share it among themselves. Their prices seem pretty reasonable from what I've seen.

Altair X89 posted:

oregano (Mexican, is there a difference?),

Absolutely, they aren't even in the same family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Lyssavirus posted:

I put the flour through a fine sieve and used it anyway.

Extra protein. :frogc00l:

When I was very little, about three or so, my family was pretty poor (like $200/mo poor). My mom would make those Jiffy muffins pretty often. Several years later, I was grocery shopping and saw boxes of them on sale for like $0.29, so I bought one.

When I went to make it, I saw that there were weevils in them, so I tossed them out. When I mentioned this story to my mom, her response was, "Yeah, when you were little, I wouldn't even bother picking them out. Eh, extra protein."

Your post reminded me of that.