Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What's a good choice for daily protein? I've been eating mostly beef, but that's not a good long term choice at all since it's pricy.

Also, what cut of meat should I use for chili that's relatively inexpensive but still does what I want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there a good option among those to make with chicken? I have some frozen chicken breast to use up and I'm wondering if I can't throw some of it in an aglio e olio pasta dish.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, that makes sense. I should use my rice cooker more, anyway. I just don't find pasta-only recipes to be very filling.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Always wanted to make chicken parmesan, but it looks like a pain in the rear end to make. I'll have to get a Pyrex dish 'n mozzarella, too... I generally prefer thigh and leg myself, too, but I'm looking to use up what I've already got. I'll see if there's a cream sauce I can make...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I need to eat more vegetables. What're everyone's favorite staple vegetable dishes that are easy to make, but you still don't get tired of them? Soups and stews are good, too, though I've completely failed to make broccoli soup in the past.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My stint with Indian cooking pretty much boils down to my attempt at chicken korma and little to no veg besides a really lovely cabbage bhaji. I should investigate this more...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like saag paneer a whole lot, and I've had saag with chicken thigh before and that was real tasty. All the saag curry recipes I've seen are fairly involved, though, including food processing the spinach before cooking... :( I don't have a blender.

I don't know much about other veg dishes, though. I should look into cabbage, cauliflower, sweet potato, chickpea and lentil dishes...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

For some reason I got it into my head that adobo was a sweet, thick sauce with caramel or chocolate or something. Maybe I should give it a try.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

TheParadigm posted:

are you confusing adobo for mole?

Possibly. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some gringo confuse the two and then serve it to me. :shepface:

Maybe I’ll try making some in my instant pot. Would be a good use of all that chicken thigh.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I toasted some leftover chicken skin in a pan and it was loving choice, man.