Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

wolffenstein posted:

You could disable the DHCP server on the router and turn on the DHCP server on the Pi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Rexxed posted:

You can buy the FiOS thing, or a wireless bridge, or a router that works in bridge mode. They'll all work but in your position I'd probably just get the FiOS moca bridge thing you posted about.

And that’d work without doing anything extra; just plug it in via the coax outlet like the diagram showed?

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.
Hey, has anyone hosed with setting up a USG as a VPN-Client of an Algo host?

If I can get it working, this setup seems like exactly what I'd want to bridge my homelab bullshit with my cloud infra lab bullshit, but it is not obvious to me how to get it set up and working. As I understand it, the USG uses strongswan on the backend (great, there's compatibility, but poo poo, I don't know how to use strongswan) but unfortunately doesn't expose this functionality in the UI.

Even just pointers in the the direction of people who have done similar work would be very useful if y'all have any! I haven't had much luck with this so far at all.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

wolffenstein posted:

You could disable the DHCP server on the router and turn on the DHCP server on the Pi.

:doh: of course ...

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So I just upgraded my Comcast plan to the Cable/Internet/Phone plan, but I'm looking at the modems that you need and I'm either looking at a Internet only or Internet/Phone modem. Its like a difference of $50-70. I'm not sure if I'm even gonna use the phone? For a 1000mbps plan.

Looking at the Arris SB8200 vs Netgear CM1000/CM1150V vs Motorola MB8600. poo poo is way more expensive than the modem I bought like 8 years ago.

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 25, 2019

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Just chased down an infuriating uverse issue thanks in part to this thread. If you put a device in "DMZplus" mode (I've got the Pace 5268AC gateway), it does assign the WAN IP address to whatever device you choose but it essentially caps that device's throughput to 50 down/130 up or so. I'm sure it's because of the bastardized voodoo they're doing since in reality they're masquerading the address and not actually assigning it to the specified device. Right now I'm just dealing with the double NAT but I'll see if I can get a new gateway that hopefully doesn't have this issue. The weird thing is that it has to be a somewhat recent firmware issue since originally I didn't see this problem with the same setup.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

E2M2 posted:

So I just upgraded my Comcast plan to the Cable/Internet/Phone plan, but I'm looking at the modems that you need and I'm either looking at a Internet only or Internet/Phone modem. Its like a difference of $50-70. I'm not sure if I'm even gonna use the phone? For a 1000mbps plan.

Looking at the Arris SB8200 vs Netgear CM1000/CM1150V vs Motorola MB8600. poo poo is way more expensive than the modem I bought like 8 years ago.
If you're not using the landline now you won't use it in the future. I mean sure you might, but realistically you wont. In the age where every member of the family is born with an iPhone in hand, landlines are dinosaurs. If you really do decide that you want a landline I would highly consider just arguing with your ISP until they agree to setup a second modem only for the phone service. you could pay $10 a month or just buy a cheap voice modem, possibly even an old DOCSIS 2 model. You're making the right choice by going with a modem only without built in WiFi, WiFi is finicky and the WiFi standards will change a lot more than the DOCSIS standards change. My modem is 10 years old in part because I'm cheap but mainly because there just wasn't anything substantially better released in that time, until DOCSIS 3.1 came out.

As for the modems you are looking at, if I were buying I would choose the Arris SB8200 simply because I like the Arris name and the go to modems used to be the SB6183 and similar DOCSIS 3 modems. DOCSIS 3.1 is a new beast so that might not be true anymore, but for a while Arris was highly recommended. Unfortunately modems are kinda like your fridge, when they are on you know they are on and most of the time they run happily with no intervention (your router on the other hand has a million settings and likes to have it's plug pulled every once in a while). Because of this, I have not read any good reviews that say if an Arris is better than a Netgear or a Motorola, in part it's hard to pinpoint is the failure caused by your modem or your ISP. That said, some people who are more knowledgeable on electronics have disassembled Arris and Netgear modems and spit balled their opinions of the hardware build quality, often with statements like "this one has a larger heat sink, therefore it has a more reliable cooling system!" It's been a long time since I've read one of the amateur tear downs, but in general I remember people were highly impressed by Arris build quality. Netgear is probably a good choice, I simply haven't read anything really good (or bad) about Netgear modems. As for Motorola, don't buy them for the name alone. Motorola used to design the Surfboard series of modems back in the DOCSIS 3 days, then split off/sold that division to Arris. In the past few years, Motorola decided they want back in the modem business, but they are not designing the equipment, the new Motorola modems are rebadged designs from Zoom Telephonics.

Specwise, the best I can find is that the Arris SB8200 can support 2Gbps in the future, the Netgear can support 1Gbps, and the Motorola/Zoom can support 3.8Gbps- this is estimated by the number of gigabit ports on the back of the modem (Arris 2, Netgear 1, Motorola 3.8 4 ports). Pulling more than 1Gbps out the back of the modem will require an ISP configuration file that supports link aggregation and a router that will support this as well. Simply put, I just wouldn't count on getting more than a gig unless a modem with like a 10G port is released or you like diving into the configuration files. Besides the number of ports, the Arris has significantly more RAM, the SB8200 has 3GB, the Netgear has 256MB, and the Motorola has 512MB. Realistically this is a lot like saying your refrigerator has a compressor 6x larger than the competitors, it must be good but who cares. Except more RAM is always better, and that's a pretty significant difference, that alone makes the me tink the Arris could potentially be faster or more reliable than the other modems. But it's still basically like having a fridge with a larger compressor, it might never make a noticeable difference.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Also you can check The Wirecutter who always keeps a pretty up to date list of modem recommendations

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I got the Arris SB8200 just because I had an Arris before and it always worked pefectly even though at the time it was $40 more than the Motorola. I didn't want to take any chances that it would have issues handling the 1gig connection and I knew the Arris would work fine, which it does. Any one of them will probably work fine though.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Okay cool, so the Arris already had a $20 coupon, and tossing in my $70 GC and $83 in CC Credit knocked it down to $20 basically.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

H2SO4 posted:

Just chased down an infuriating uverse issue thanks in part to this thread. If you put a device in "DMZplus" mode (I've got the Pace 5268AC gateway), it does assign the WAN IP address to whatever device you choose but it essentially caps that device's throughput to 50 down/130 up or so. I'm sure it's because of the bastardized voodoo they're doing since in reality they're masquerading the address and not actually assigning it to the specified device. Right now I'm just dealing with the double NAT but I'll see if I can get a new gateway that hopefully doesn't have this issue. The weird thing is that it has to be a somewhat recent firmware issue since originally I didn't see this problem with the same setup.

You know what's the more infuriating thing? You wont be able to fix this at all with the new firmware version unless you somehow manually downgrade, which they might silently push the broken update again.

Besides bypassing the gateway completely, the most effortless and cost effective way for you is to request an equipment swap with the BGW-210 with truck roll. Tell the phone rep the pacer has bad firmware and confirm with them that the truck roll is bringing a BGW210.

People have been saying they are getting the pacer over and over again even if you ask them to mail you a BGW210. So the truck roll is the only way to ensure you get the working one.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

coke posted:

You know what's the more infuriating thing? You wont be able to fix this at all with the new firmware version unless you somehow manually downgrade, which they might silently push the broken update again.

Besides bypassing the gateway completely, the most effortless and cost effective way for you is to request an equipment swap with the BGW-210 with truck roll. Tell the phone rep the pacer has bad firmware and confirm with them that the truck roll is bringing a BGW210.

People have been saying they are getting the pacer over and over again even if you ask them to mail you a BGW210. So the truck roll is the only way to ensure you get the working one.
I see the BGW210 is for sale on Amazon would this be a legitimate way to acquire one of these modems or is it likely blacklisted from AT&T? I mean I hate U-Verse with a passion, I hate any ISP equipment really, but my days at the hell desk make me think that even if you can con the phone rep into notating "bring a BGW210" on the truck roll, there is still a high chance the technician will flat out ignore the request.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

coke posted:

Funny you should mention that. It was time for me to revisit my contract and I'm currently chatting with a support person to get this specific model sent out as part of the service change. Appreciate the confirmation.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Inept posted:

Sounds like the AP may be bad. Can you swap the AP in your room with another one in the chain to see if it does the same thing?

Finally got around to test this and the exact same problem persists using a different AP from another node in the chain. I wondered if it's the main router not acting nice. But the third node in the chain doesn't have this problem.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
I got rid of ATT UVerse at our 2 newly acquired locations at work because of that drat Pacer modem. Well... it wasn't the only reason, but it was a big part.

Fun fact: If you use IPSec VPN with encryption (ESP mode). The Pacer modems will alter the IPSec packets in a way that causes some IPSec endpoints to fail to bring up a tunnel. Switch the tunnel into AH (authentication only) mode, and it works fine! I wasted HOURS troubleshooting this problem. DMZPlus mode doesn't fix it either.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

stevewm posted:

I got rid of ATT UVerse at our 2 newly acquired locations at work because of that drat Pacer modem. Well... it wasn't the only reason, but it was a big part.

Fun fact: If you use IPSec VPN with encryption (ESP mode). The Pacer modems will alter the IPSec packets in a way that causes some IPSec endpoints to fail to bring up a tunnel. Switch the tunnel into AH (authentication only) mode, and it works fine! I wasted HOURS troubleshooting this problem. DMZPlus mode doesn't fix it either.

The common thread here is that AT&T forces the hardware makers to write a custom firmware for them that removes any real bridge mode, and substitutes "dmzplus" instead (or whatever dumb name). This mode still uses the Pace/Arris router's CPU to do firewall, packet inspection, etc duties, and will frequently break connections that otherwise work normally.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Crotch Fruit posted:

I see the BGW210 is for sale on Amazon would this be a legitimate way to acquire one of these modems or is it likely blacklisted from AT&T? I mean I hate U-Verse with a passion, I hate any ISP equipment really, but my days at the hell desk make me think that even if you can con the phone rep into notating "bring a BGW210" on the truck roll, there is still a high chance the technician will flat out ignore the request.

Supposedly they are out of BGW210s everywhere.

I recently tried getting a BGW from both phone support and having someone visit my house. Phone support shipped me another 5268ac and the truck guy claimed nobody in our region has a BGW210.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

CrazyLittle posted:

The common thread here is that AT&T forces the hardware makers to write a custom firmware for them that removes any real bridge mode, and substitutes "dmzplus" instead (or whatever dumb name). This mode still uses the Pace/Arris router's CPU to do firewall, packet inspection, etc duties, and will frequently break connections that otherwise work normally.

Yep.. We had 3 locations that used UVerse... Notice I said HAD.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Even the BGW210 is no exception to this rule - there's no real bridge mode on that unit. HOWEVER, it does have a connection table that's 4x bigger than the Arris, so you tend to run into less issues.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
I inadvertently scheduled the swap for today when I wasn't able to be at home, so I'll have to call back and reschedule. They didn't seem to balk at me asking for a BGW210 but that certainly doesn't mean the tech actually has one. Fingers crossed.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

Don't buy anything online that's supposed to be supplied by the telco.

The BGW210 works better simply because.... it doesn't have the broken firmware that breaks dmzplus.
It's on a newer hardware/chip than the pacer too. Otherwise I would've kept on using the pacer with an edgerouter behind it.

And good luck to ya'll requesting the bwg210.

I did the swap months back and was able to confirm with the tech that he had it in his truck so he doesn't have to waste the trip. Once he was on site I just asked him to remove the broken pacer modem, plug in the arris and activated it over the phone. Then have a laptop connecting directly to the modem to make sure it works.

The tech seems really happy when I let him go at that point as I just need to configure the arris for ip passthrough/dmz+.
All in all it took only around 10 minutes of the tech visit and another 10-20 minutes to fix this idiotic firmware push by ATT that broke the pacer.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DNS / VPN question..

I've ran a PiHole for quite some time on my home network to block ads. My router points to it as the DNS server, and it's setup to use quad 9 to resolve DNS queries.

I've now setup NordVPN on my router and all that seems to be going swimmingly, but I just wanted to double check that all of my DNS queries from my pihole to quad 9 sould be going out through my VPN connection, yes? Because the VPN connection is intiated at the router level as opposed to initiated from software on my PC.

So I shouldn't have any DNS leaks, should I?

Is there anyway to test it?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
SSH in to the pi and run a trace route on the upstream DNS servers and see if it's going by via some NordVPN servers.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

huh. good idea. yeah, the first hop straight after my router is nordvpn. awesome. thanks.

so next topic, i bought an edgerouter x the other day and it finally arrived. i'll start playing around setting it up tomorrow, but my dumb question is:

is this router capable of having one lan go out through the vpn, and the vlan bypass it? or would i need to structure things a bit differently / source something a bit more advanced than just hoping this router can do it all on its own?

i'm setting up the vlan to separate out all the 'internet of things' devices from my home network. for security reasons and also one or two of them are playing up when running through the vpn. so it's not a huge deal if they all have to go through the vpn

hambeet fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 27, 2019

Passburger
May 4, 2013
nothing to see here

Passburger fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 28, 2019

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

coke posted:

Don't buy anything online that's supposed to be supplied by the telco.

The BGW210 works better simply because.... it doesn't have the broken firmware that breaks dmzplus.
It's on a newer hardware/chip than the pacer too. Otherwise I would've kept on using the pacer with an edgerouter behind it.

And good luck to ya'll requesting the bwg210.

I did the swap months back and was able to confirm with the tech that he had it in his truck so he doesn't have to waste the trip. Once he was on site I just asked him to remove the broken pacer modem, plug in the arris and activated it over the phone. Then have a laptop connecting directly to the modem to make sure it works.

The tech seems really happy when I let him go at that point as I just need to configure the arris for ip passthrough/dmz+.
All in all it took only around 10 minutes of the tech visit and another 10-20 minutes to fix this idiotic firmware push by ATT that broke the pacer.
Personally, I refuse to use ISP provided equipment. I have Cox cable and an ancient SB6121 which I might replace with a SB8200 soon. I have occasionally consider switching back to AT&T whenever Cox decides to randomly double my bill (as a loyalty bonus for being a long time customer we are giving you an even higher bill!). The last time I spoke to an AT&T technician sales agent they attempted to re-assure me that AT&T absolutely would allow a 3rd party modem on their network but there is no list of compatible or approved modems and the only option was to buy a modem and wait until the installer looked and at it and determined if it would work or not. I strongly considered buying a VDSL2+ modem or whatever the latest spec was but decided against it since even though technically the AT&T u-verse modem is a VDSL2+ modem (at least in my area where they don't have fiber) it probably has custom gently caress-off authentication baked into the firmware, or the installer might be too dumb or lazy to activate a 3rd party modem.

That said, I highly doubt the BWG210 on Amazon is legit, but at the same time I am a little surprised to see an "illegal" product on Amazon. I expect illegal goods from eBay or Aliexpress, but not Amazon. Really you're just breaking a contract by buying AT&T's property instead of an obviously illegal act like buying street drugs.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

is this router capable of having one lan go out through the vpn, and the vlan bypass it? or would i need to structure things a bit differently / source something a bit more advanced than just hoping this router can do it all on its own?

i'm setting up the vlan to separate out all the 'internet of things' devices from my home network. for security reasons and also one or two of them are playing up when running through the vpn. so it's not a huge deal if they all have to go through the vpn

Yes, it's Policy Based Routing.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204952274-EdgeRouter-Policy-Based-Routing

https://stewartadam.io/blog/2017/11/12/routing-packets-vlan-through-vpn-ubiquity-routers

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/4mdaqp/routing_all_vlan_traffic_thru_vpn_tunnel/

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Crotch Fruit posted:

it probably has custom gently caress-off authentication baked into the firmware, or the installer might be too dumb or lazy to activate a 3rd party modem.

From what I understand, AT&T uses 802.11x for authentication on UVerse.

If you have a direct to home Fiber version of UVerse, it looks like it is possible with the right equipment and software to proxy 802.11x requests off to the ATT modem and bypass it for everything else. I don't think anyone has managed to do it with the DSL delivered flavor of UVerse. At least not that I could find.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

coke posted:

Oh, it's still broken, and it's still some hosed up custom firmware. It's just slightly less broken since it's got a ton more memory to work with.

coke posted:

It's on a newer hardware/chip than the pacer too.

Pace ;)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Excellent, thank you. Normally it's something I'd look into before buying, but I didn't start thinking about it until after I had ordered it.

So if I'm having the router separate the two networks, I wouldn't need need a managed switch anymore, would I?

Because I'd have (for example) eth1 run my home network through my old router (acting as as an AP and a few wired for my NAS, etc), and the vlan setup on eth2 running to a separate AP for the iot devices.

Taking into account it's for home networking, but with a lot of devices, would getting a managed switch be better performance wise? Or is the edge router able to manage it fine and any difference would be negligible?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Love when the ONT Fail light comes on, internet goes out,and the soonest a tech can come by is a week from now.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

stevewm posted:

From what I understand, AT&T uses 802.11x for authentication on UVerse.

If you have a direct to home Fiber version of UVerse, it looks like it is possible with the right equipment and software to proxy 802.11x requests off to the ATT modem and bypass it for everything else. I don't think anyone has managed to do it with the DSL delivered flavor of UVerse. At least not that I could find.
I got a little more curious about this, I found an AT&T article about using 3rd party DSL modems on AT&T DSL. The link also has a self install PDF which goes over the PPPoE settings you need to be able to authenticate. I'm not 100% sure that AT&T U-Verse internet without TV delivered over DSL is the same as "ATT DSL" which the article specifically refers to. I'm 99% sure they are the same but I just don't trust AT&T to not pull some kinda BS.

As for adding TV, I think you're right that you can not have U-Verse TV without an AT&T provided piece of poo poo Pace (or slightly less lovely Arris) gateway modem. That said, I started a chat with a technician sales agent, and he insisted that you can now use U-Verse TV with a 3rd party modem. I pointed out that a lot of 3rd party websites say otherwise, he replied that there is new equipment available to make it work.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

That said, I highly doubt the BWG210 on Amazon is legit, but at the same time I am a little surprised to see an "illegal" product on Amazon. I expect illegal goods from eBay or Aliexpress, but not Amazon. Really you're just breaking a contract by buying AT&T's property instead of an obviously illegal act like buying street drugs.

Amazon has been crappy for a long time, just wait till you see other fake products like memory cards and home goods.

And same here, I'd avoid provided equipment as much as possible since they are mostly the cheapest thing an ISP can get away with.

CrazyLittle posted:

Oh, it's still broken, and it's still some hosed up custom firmware. It's just slightly less broken since it's got a ton more memory to work with.

Pace ;)
Noted :sweatdrop:

and yeah it sucks that the equipment you have might brick or slow down one day due to bad firmware push even if you didn't change anything in your setup.
But :capitalism: and monopoly I guess.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

coke posted:

Amazon has been crappy for a long time, just wait till you see other fake products like memory cards and home goods.

Amazon seems to be full of counterfeit goods. I’m a little surprised they haven’t faced any consequences for this yet.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Evis posted:

Amazon seems to be full of counterfeit goods. I’m a little surprised they haven’t faced any consequences for this yet.

Probably trying to pretend they're a common carrier because it's all of those horrible no good third party sellers that Amazon does no vetting on and provides front-row billing for who are responsible.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Amazon is increasingly resembling a jumble sale

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Crotch Fruit posted:

I got a little more curious about this, I found an AT&T article about using 3rd party DSL modems on AT&T DSL. The link also has a self install PDF which goes over the PPPoE settings you need to be able to authenticate. I'm not 100% sure that AT&T U-Verse internet without TV delivered over DSL is the same as "ATT DSL" which the article specifically refers to. I'm 99% sure they are the same but I just don't trust AT&T to not pull some kinda BS.

As for adding TV, I think you're right that you can not have U-Verse TV without an AT&T provided piece of poo poo Pace (or slightly less lovely Arris) gateway modem. That said, I started a chat with a technician sales agent, and he insisted that you can now use U-Verse TV with a 3rd party modem. I pointed out that a lot of 3rd party websites say otherwise, he replied that there is new equipment available to make it work.

From what I can tell UVerse DSL is definitely different from ATT DSL..

At one of our locations we originally had "ATT DSL". It used regular old PPPoE. The provided modem had a true bridge mode and you could configure your router to do the PPPoE auth instead. There was nothing stopping you from using your own modem if you wanted.

A few years down the road they forced us to switch over to the UVerse system. They sent out a tech who replaced the modem with a "gateway". New modem had no such option. Only a "pass-through" mode which was really just DMZPlus with a different name. During the stint we had that modem, it would occasionally reset back to defaults and loose the pass-through setting which was fun.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Evis posted:

Funny you mention that: https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/28/18244603/amazon-project-zero-counterfeit-listing-remove-products

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I picked up an Edgerouter X to replace my Centurylink provided modem for my fiber and got it up and running pretty easily. However, now I'm trying to figure out what extra settings besides the default created by the wizard I need to create. There are a decent number of examples of other peoples config files but when I look at my own it's much more limited. I assume they're all running the same EdgeOS and this probably comes down to most of these examples being a couple years old on an older version of EdgeOS?

I don't mind figuring out how to configure xyz I'm just having trouble figuring out what I need to get it in parity with a regular SOHO router from ASUS or whatever. My network consists of a NAS running torrents, a PS4, AppleTV, and phones/ipads/computers. Some basic firewalling was setup in the wizard, I edited the DNS to use Cloudflare and then excluded my ISP DNS (do I need to do anything with DNSmasq? some instructions included it and some did not), I turned on UPNP2, and enabled hardware offloading. What else do I need to look at setting up?

Also, I was having a hell of a time accessing the web gui on both Chrome and Safari. I had to use Firefox or an incognito window in Chrome to access it. The only chrome extension I'm using that might impact it is uBlock and I never use Safari. Any ideas?

Teabag Dome Scandal fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

What a lazy way to do that. Farm out the checking to companies who sell the products who would have a vested interest in flagging small competitors as counterfeit. I'm sure this will work just as well as Youtube's copyright flagging system.