Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm running Tomato Firmware v1.21.1515 on a WRT54GL, I want to block all external access to an IP on my internal network EXCEPT for from one external IP. Does anyone know how I accomplish it in there? I don't see the option for this sort of rule in access restrictions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I got a Fortigate 40C from work and I'm using it with my FTTC line. Can anyone recommend a free dynamic DNS (subdomain only, so xxxx.provider.com) service that I can set up with this? It has a number of built in ones but I've tried to visit their URLs and they appear to either require payment or the pages don't load.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I find so many adverts on the internet really annoying, so on my computers I block them using the hosts file. I have an Android phone, but don't want to root it so I wondered if there was a convenient way of implementing a similar solution via my home network so that the DNS requests for adverts would return invalid results?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

calandryll posted:

Check out pi hole. I've been using it on my home network and it's great. Includes in app ads as well. Granted once you leave your network you're back to what you were but it's nice at home.

This is exactly the sort of thing I'm after, thanks.