Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
I just moved into a house where the previous owner went a little hog wild with wired ports. I have 4 ports on the outside of the house 2 under the the porch and 2 inside a 100% screened in balcony. After I verify that these things still work after being somewhat exposed to the elements, I want to hang an outdoor wifi ap to cover the back yard off of one of them (probably the upstairs one). I have two Ubiquity ap's already so i'm happy to stay with that brand. Just wondering if this is what I need to use:

Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M5 - Wireless Access Point - AirMax (LOCOM5US)

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-NanoStation-loco-M5-Wireless/dp/B00HXT8FPS/ref=pd_ybh_a_27?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YG7F61ASRVVW444FV11M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Looking for just a simple outdoor AP to tie into the rest of my system, would this work?

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Net...tronics&sr=1-30

I don't need to use any of the mesh capabilities, already have the ethernet port outside, just want some coverage in the back yard.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Anyone have any experience with an Aruba Networks S2500-24P switch? Looking to replace my 16 port TP-link TL-SG1218MPE switch with one to match my patch panel. Datasheet for the Aruba seems to show that all it's ports can do PoE 802.3af like my TP-link which should be fine for powering my 4 Ubiquiti (soon to be five) AP's. Used ones seem pretty cheap at around $125