Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Potentially stupid question, but can I run two directional wifi antennas on a double-antenna adapter without running into some sort of unforseen physics issue if they're not perfectly aligned?

I've got an alfa AWUS036AC and thinking about a couple of these for when I'm staying at someone's caravan and trying to use the site wifi while it's pissing it down. They seem to review quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
I’ve got a network-ish question.
I’m faffing about with old OSs as VMs and looking to get them on the internet for a giggle.

How would I go about setting up some sort of proxy that could transparently add all the modern fluff like TLS outside in Win10 and then translate it back to smoke signals for 3.1 inside the VM?

Bonus question: since NT 3.51 is 32-bit and part of the through-line that runs to modern windows, could it be conceivably be pwned if left internet-facing nowadays?