Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I have a quick question about my network setup in my apartment.

I currently have a Spectrum modem/router setup. The previous tenants had Verizon, and there is a cat 5e cable already routed from the bedroom, and spliced into an unused jack with a single open port on the other end of the apartment. I want to run a wired connection into the bedroom from my Spectrum modem for work.

Can I safely plug my modem into the wall jack and run the wired connection that way, or do I need to run an additional cable from my modem into the bedroom? It would be much easier to use the existing cable than to route a new one into the bedroom. I just want to check before I start plugging things into random jacks.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU